Upcoming Games

No games to display

Add a game

Upcoming Events

01/06/2019 12:00:00
23/03/2019 12:00:00

Dividing Error

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Manchester North > Dividing Error

Page 1 of 1

Dividing Error 20/10/2018 at 18:40 #112760
SamTDS
Avatar
61 posts
While playing today during a normal on-time divide I received this error which subsequently halted the operation of the train. This error on the train carried over with the save as attached and was fixed by reloading an older save. https://prnt.sc/l8csrj
Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
Dividing Error 20/10/2018 at 19:53 #112761
headshot119
Avatar
2867 posts
Online
Did you do anything to cause the issue?

I can't say I can reproduce it from a fresh start.

"James Street, Moorfields, Liverpool Lime Street and Liverpool Central"
Log in to reply
Dividing Error 20/10/2018 at 19:54 #112762
9pN1SEAp
Avatar
109 posts
Online
I haven’t check the attachment but I’ll bet that one of the trains is the same size as the original leaving the other as length zero.
Jamie S (JAMS)
Log in to reply
Dividing Error 20/10/2018 at 19:59 #112763
headshot119
Avatar
2867 posts
Online
9pN1SEAp in post 112762 said:
I haven’t check the attachment but I’ll bet that one of the trains is the same size as the original leaving the other as length zero.
5N51 hasn't actually divided, it's status is "Error (1)-".

I initially suspected the length was an issue, but everything is kosher.

"James Street, Moorfields, Liverpool Lime Street and Liverpool Central"
Log in to reply
Dividing Error 20/10/2018 at 21:25 #112764
SamTDS
Avatar
61 posts
headshot119 in post 112763 said:
9pN1SEAp in post 112762 said:
I haven’t check the attachment but I’ll bet that one of the trains is the same size as the original leaving the other as length zero.
5N51 hasn't actually divided, it's status is "Error (1)-".

I initially suspected the length was an issue, but everything is kosher.
yeah, the wierdest thing was that it didn't repeat when i loaded the autosave from just before. i got that error and hadnt notices anything until i checked the train list which showed that. I normally run the legacy train list as i find it to be better for when i have to manual reverse. Included is the autosave from 4 minutes before i got the message. Anyhow its good to mention the error incase it comes up again then there is some infomation already know making it a bit easier to diagnose the issue

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
Dividing Error 20/10/2018 at 23:15 #112765
clive
Avatar
1764 posts
Online
SamTDS in post 112760 said:
While playing today during a normal on-time divide I received this error which subsequently halted the operation of the train. This error on the train carried over with the save as attached and was fixed by reloading an older save. https://prnt.sc/l8csrj
If this happens again, please note that there will be information in the log file that might be of use to Geoff and me. We'd also need to know the loader version.

Log in to reply
Dividing Error 20/10/2018 at 23:36 #112766
SamTDS
Avatar
61 posts
clive in post 112765 said:
SamTDS in post 112760 said:
While playing today during a normal on-time divide I received this error which subsequently halted the operation of the train. This error on the train carried over with the save as attached and was fixed by reloading an older save. https://prnt.sc/l8csrj
If this happens again, please note that there will be information in the log file that might be of use to Geoff and me. We'd also need to know the loader version.
Loader Version 4.8.2

When i had closed simsig to restart it one of the things was the loader showing updates to the sim so i did it. Might just be a SEU (single-event upset), basically a bit flip causing tiny data loss but when the machine is relying on it and a SEU happenes then it becomes a rabit of negative neuphoria aka not a happy bunny.

As for logs i dont really know the first place to go look for them right off the bat. When i get problems i usually google the stuff.
PS: yes i google to fix my tech even if i did software development Level 3

Last edited: 20/10/2018 at 23:36 by SamTDS
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Dividing Error 21/10/2018 at 01:00 #112768
postal
Avatar
3482 posts
SamTDS in post 112766 said:
As for logs i dont really know the first place to go look for them right off the bat.
Log files are normally held in the first of the locations ticked under the Folder Options list from the Loader start-up screen. They are txt files named in the format SimSig Loader0.log with the numeric increasing when more than one instance of the loader is running and parallel log files are being updated.

IIRC the level of data saved in the log file depends on the user licence available for the sim (User/Tester etc. etc.) so it is not guaranteed to be of the depth helpful to Geoff/Clive.

"I drink to make other people seem more interesting." - George Jean Nathan, (14/02/1882 - 08/04/1958), American author, editor, and drama critic
Log in to reply
Dividing Error 21/10/2018 at 14:44 #112773
SamTDS
Avatar
61 posts
Heres the log, unfortunatly looking at it it seems to only have shown loading the sim and not the error message
Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply