Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Couple of observations

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > LTS > Couple of observations

Page 1 of 1

Couple of observations 12/03/2019 at 22:53 #116346
9pN1SEAp
Avatar
158 posts
Online
Hi,

Two things noticed in tonight's game:

1. ACI doesn't seem to work at Leigh-on-Sea Platform 1 (Up Main). There's a train 5B05 that starts there as 1B05 and it reliably doesn't step up the berth.

2. Realtime Trains shows Ripple Lane West SS, Renwick Road Jn and Ripple Lane East SS as timing points for all services. However when some or all of these are used, ARS makes a decision to route into Ripple Lane West. This affects both Up and Down services even when the path at DDK or BKG is ML. Freights pathed for ML call wrong route if directed into the yard, and pax (also affected) risk running out of juice. Omitting all three of these points makes ARS work correctly.

Thanks
Jamie

Jamie S (JAMS)
Log in to reply
Couple of observations 12/03/2019 at 23:10 #116347
MarkC
Avatar
799 posts
Online
9pN1SEAp in post 116346 said:
Hi,

Two things noticed in tonight's game:

1. ACI doesn't seem to work at Leigh-on-Sea Platform 1 (Up Main). There's a train 5B05 that starts there as 1B05 and it reliably doesn't step up the berth.

2. Realtime Trains shows Ripple Lane West SS, Renwick Road Jn and Ripple Lane East SS as timing points for all services. However when some or all of these are used, ARS makes a decision to route into Ripple Lane West. This affects both Up and Down services even when the path at DDK or BKG is ML. Freights pathed for ML call wrong route if directed into the yard, and pax (also affected) risk running out of juice. Omitting all three of these points makes ARS work correctly.

Thanks
Jamie
What Timetable are you using? And can you provide a save please.

It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Last edited: 12/03/2019 at 23:30 by MarkC
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Couple of observations 12/03/2019 at 23:20 #116349
JamesN
Avatar
1058 posts
Online
On 2. - RTT shows all locations with a time, regardless of whether the train is actually timed there or in some cases regardless of whether or not the location is even a timetabled location at all. For the non-timed locations the time inserted is pure guesswork; I believe based off mileage.

It is more than useless for timetabling purposes in SimSig.

Log in to reply
Couple of observations 12/03/2019 at 23:25 #116350
headshot119
Avatar
3056 posts
JamesN in post 116349 said:
On 2. - RTT shows all locations with a time, regardless of whether the train is actually timed there or in some cases regardless of whether or not the location is even a timetabled location at all. For the non-timed locations the time inserted is pure guesswork; I believe based off mileage.

It is more than useless for timetabling purposes in SimSig.
Though I would like to add only for schedules less than 7 days I'm advance, further than that and it shows the "true schedule".

"James Street, Moorfields, Liverpool Lime Street and Liverpool Central" - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
Couple of observations 13/03/2019 at 00:09 #116352
Edgemaster
Avatar
96 posts
JamesN in post 116349 said:
It is more than useless for timetabling purposes in SimSig.

OpenTrainTimes shows a more 'pure' form of the scheduled service. Alternatively, the open rail data from Charlwood House ( http://www.charlwoodhouse.co.uk/rail/liverail ) shows a very raw view of the timetable data output by Network Rail.

Last edited: 13/03/2019 at 00:10 by Edgemaster
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Couple of observations 14/03/2019 at 16:04 #116375
9pN1SEAp
Avatar
158 posts
Online
MarkC in post 116347 said:
9pN1SEAp in post 116346 said:
Hi,

Two things noticed in tonight's game:

1. ACI doesn't seem to work at Leigh-on-Sea Platform 1 (Up Main). There's a train 5B05 that starts there as 1B05 and it reliably doesn't step up the berth.

What Timetable are you using? And can you provide a save please.
I've attached the TT. Sadly didn't get a save of the ACI (at approx. 0630) as the signaller was going to use the centre platform - then didn't!

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Jamie S (JAMS)
Log in to reply
Couple of observations 14/03/2019 at 16:29 #116376
MarkC
Avatar
799 posts
Online
9pN1SEAp in post 116346 said:
Hi,

Two things noticed in tonight's game:

1. ACI doesn't seem to work at Leigh-on-Sea Platform 1 (Up Main). There's a train 5B05 that starts there as 1B05 and it reliably doesn't step up the berth.

Reported Mantis #0024172

It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Last edited: 14/03/2019 at 16:30 by MarkC
Reason: None given

Log in to reply