Upcoming Games

No games to display

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

6M22 run round process

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > West Hampstead > 6M22 run round process

Page 1 of 1

6M22 run round process 01/11/2019 at 17:12 #121442
Hawk777
Avatar
319 posts
Hi all!
I’m playing the October 15, 2009 timetable, version 4-7. Using the instructions here, I have gotten 6M22 up into a sensible place for the round round to occur. But now I’ve run into another problem: where exactly is the locomotive supposed to go? Attached is a diagram of what seems to me to be the obvious thing to do, to keep everything nice and out of the way of the mainline, except that the part of the diagram drawn in red isn’t a valid route. What is the proper way to do this? Is this route intentionally missing because it’s also not available in real life? Am I supposed to just talk the locomotive past the red signal, or do I have to (rather pointlessly, as far as I can see) take it all the way across the mainlines into Cricklewood platform or the dep/rec line and then back again? In the latter case, is there any convention in terms of which location is used? It seems that Cricklewood platforms 1 (on the up slow) and 2 (on the down slow) and the dep/rec line all work, in the sense that there are routes to them and back again.

Thanks!

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Last edited: 01/11/2019 at 17:12 by Hawk777
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
6M22 run round process 01/11/2019 at 17:35 #121443
jc92
Avatar
2706 posts
Trains run round on the RRL (run round line) or DH normally using the headhunt.

The train is stopped in the wrong place.

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Hawk777
6M22 run round process 01/11/2019 at 17:52 #121445
Hawk777
Avatar
319 posts
Oh, I see! I was going by JamesN’s screenshot in the other thread which showed things starting out as I show here. I had not understood that the whole train was supposed to occupy the RRL, rather than just the engine.
Log in to reply
6M22 run round process 05/11/2019 at 16:44 #121492
Hawk777
Avatar
319 posts
OK, so it looks like the following timetable changes need to be made:
* For 6M22, replace “Signal WH533/535/551” with “West Hampstead Thameslink, platform DH” keeping the activities the same.
* For 0M22-R, replace its timetable with the following:
1. West Hampstead Thameslink, platform DH
2. Signal WH529
3. West Hampstead Thameslink, platform RRL, passing
4. Signal WH562
5. West Hampstead Thameslink, platform DH, join 6M22

This seems to do exactly what you described now, and with these changes, both TTs validate, too—and not even any manual reversals needed. Thanks for the help!

Last edited: 05/11/2019 at 16:47 by Hawk777
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
6M22 run round process 14/11/2019 at 23:07 #121653
MrBitsy
Avatar
119 posts
Hawk777 in post 121445 said:
Oh, I see! I was going by JamesN’s screenshot in the other thread which showed things starting out as I show here. I had not understood that the whole train was supposed to occupy the RRL, rather than just the engine.
The position of the train is fine - the loco goes towards Dudding Hill, then back from there to the train. We hardly ever ran around outside the box!

TVSC Link 4 signaller - Temple Meads, Bath & Stoke Gifford
Log in to reply
6M22 run round process 15/11/2019 at 00:45 #121655
JamesN
Avatar
1123 posts
I did a screenshot?
Log in to reply
6M22 run round process 15/11/2019 at 04:48 #121656
Hawk777
Avatar
319 posts
JamesN in post 121655 said:
I did a screenshot?
Yep! On this post in 2014. That’s how I was originally trying to do the run round, and it didn’t work.

Log in to reply
6M22 run round process 15/11/2019 at 04:59 #121657
Hawk777
Avatar
319 posts
MrBitsy in post 121653 said:
Hawk777 in post 121445 said:
Oh, I see! I was going by JamesN’s screenshot in the other thread which showed things starting out as I show here. I had not understood that the whole train was supposed to occupy the RRL, rather than just the engine.
The position of the train is fine - the loco goes towards Dudding Hill, then back from there to the train. We hardly ever ran around outside the box!
Sorry, I don’t quite understand. Do you mean I should start with how I drew the diagram in my first post, but then send the loco from 441 all the way to 443, then 445, then back from there via 576 to 446 to 444? Like the diagram attached to this post?


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
6M22 run round process 15/11/2019 at 08:57 #121658
MrBitsy
Avatar
119 posts
Hawk777 in post 121657 said:
MrBitsy in post 121653 said:
Hawk777 in post 121445 said:
Oh, I see! I was going by JamesN’s screenshot in the other thread which showed things starting out as I show here. I had not understood that the whole train was supposed to occupy the RRL, rather than just the engine.
The position of the train is fine - the loco goes towards Dudding Hill, then back from there to the train. We hardly ever ran around outside the box!
Sorry, I don’t quite understand. Do you mean I should start with how I drew the diagram in my first post, but then send the loco from 441 all the way to 443, then 445, then back from there via 576 to 446 to 444? Like the diagram attached to this post?


There is a signal by the Tamper Siding on the way to Dudding hill. Loco goes behind that then back on to its train - I don't see that signal on your screenshot though?? 6M22 was too long to run round outside the box. We mostly ran trains around using the road towards dudding hill.

TVSC Link 4 signaller - Temple Meads, Bath & Stoke Gifford
Log in to reply
6M22 run round process 15/11/2019 at 17:31 #121664
Hawk777
Avatar
319 posts
MrBitsy in post 121658 said:
There is a signal by the Tamper Siding on the way to Dudding hill. Loco goes behind that then back on to its train - I don't see that signal on your screenshot though?? 6M22 was too long to run round outside the box. We mostly ran trains around using the road towards dudding hill.
Could it be that the signal you’re referring to is the one beside the recess curve in my second screenshot, where I showed doing the reversal? Maybe it’s beside the tamper siding on the ground but this was a more convenient place to draw it in SimSig? Or is there definitely a signal missing?

Log in to reply