Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

5J09 doesn't question wrong route

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Wimbledon > 5J09 doesn't question wrong route

Page 1 of 1

5J09 doesn't question wrong route 02/08/2020 at 15:17 #130296
Guts
Avatar
302 posts
5J09 from Wimbledon C.S.D. - Hampton Court doesn't question the route taken towards Feltham, It should have gone towards Surbiton via Main Line, but took the route to the Windsor Lines; even if it took the diversionary route via East Putney, it would have been better than heading to Feltham.
Log in to reply
5J09 doesn't question wrong route 03/08/2020 at 08:51 #130321
kaiwhara
Avatar
506 posts
Guts. There is very little context for this report as there is not enough information provided to understand the nature of the problem. For a start, a Wimbledon CSD - Hampton Court train wouldn't obviously be going anywhere near either the Windsor Lines or Feltham, so I am assuming at some point this train travels via a reversal at Waterloo. We also need to know at which (logical) location that the route was not challenged, which I am going to assume would have been on the approach Clapham Junction from Queenstown Road? Also, I have no idea which timetable you are referring to!

Context is key, and a save before and after would make a world of difference so we can understand what the cause is, whether it be Sim, Timetable or otherwise related.

Kiwi

Sorry guys, I am in the business of making people wait!
Log in to reply
The following users said thank you: manadude2, Hap
5J09 doesn't question wrong route 03/08/2020 at 09:53 #130323
Stephen Fulcher
Avatar
1561 posts
Online
The report is almost impossible to double check without a signal number
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Hap
5J09 doesn't question wrong route 03/08/2020 at 19:37 #130338
Guts
Avatar
302 posts
kaiwhara in post 130321 said:
Guts. There is very little context for this report as there is not enough information provided to understand the nature of the problem. For a start, a Wimbledon CSD - Hampton Court train wouldn't obviously be going anywhere near either the Windsor Lines or Feltham, so I am assuming at some point this train travels via a reversal at Waterloo. We also need to know at which (logical) location that the route was not challenged, which I am going to assume would have been on the approach Clapham Junction from Queenstown Road? Also, I have no idea which timetable you are referring to!

Context is key, and a save before and after would make a world of difference so we can understand what the cause is, whether it be Sim, Timetable or otherwise related.

Kiwi
Who saves before an actual fault?? How would I know a fault was going to occur?
And after, it's left the Sim (chained to Feltham).

For your information the reversal is on Clapham Yard Sdgs not Waterloo.

Timetable: Wimbledon 15th Oct 2009 Combined v1-0

Train: 05+13 Clapham Yard - Hampton Court (SWT 8/455)
UID: W74737

Route: CY17 --> W307 --> W313 --> W319 (Left in auto by accident) --> W323 ---> W327 (On Feltham)

It should have challenged W319 towards W323; and it could have challenged CY17 towards W307 or it could have initially challenged CY40 towards CY44.
Obviously CY40 and CY17 wouldn't be challenged as there is an alternative route via East Putney, but it didn't challenge W319 to get sent in that direction.

Log in to reply
5J09 doesn't question wrong route 03/08/2020 at 19:49 #130340
jc92
Avatar
3065 posts
Online
Guts in post 130338 said:

Who saves before an actual fault?? How would I know a fault was going to occur?
And after, it's left the Sim (chained to Feltham).
Depends on the person and there's no harm asking. if Snapshots are turned on they default to 15 minutes but can be set to any frequency. Equally who knows if a save has been made recently in the last five minutes by pure chance.

Log in to reply
5J09 doesn't question wrong route 03/08/2020 at 20:08 #130341
Guts
Avatar
302 posts
Well mine are 120min, unless I find a fault, then I specifically save it.

I hadn't noticed I had left W319 off until I saw 5J09 on the Feltham sim and it had no timetable.

Log in to reply
5J09 doesn't question wrong route 03/08/2020 at 22:53 #130350
Hap
Avatar
440 posts
Online
Guts in post 130341 said:
Well mine are 120min, unless I find a fault, then I specifically save it.

I hadn't noticed I had left W319 off until I saw 5J09 on the Feltham sim and it had no timetable.
Tbf bud, There's no point in a save after the issue as happened. A save on the build up to it is much more valuable. In this instance of no wrong route call, We would really need to know what signal the train was at.

If something were to happen in the first 5/10/15/20 minutes of a sim starting, then a step by step process of what,where,why and when also does the trick to allow the issue to be traced, replicated and end result fixed if found to be a bug within the sim.

You are absolutely right to mention in regards to set snapshot times. It's probably something that people don't take into account when playing the sim because they aren't looking for bugs, they are playing the game and something strange has happened. As testers, we have it set up to capture as much as we can and to try and reproduce it, we'll drop back to an earlier save... normally ten minutes.

Again, If and/or when someone comes across something that doesn't look right, it would be a real gift for the Dev/testing team to have the exact details of what went wrong and where. It simply allows the team to jump onto it and get it reported and end result fixed on a future release.

Details would be.....
Loader version
Sim version
TT being used
The issue itself, and
the steps to reproduce (this is where the detail is needed).

Hope this helps GUTS.
Thanks for reporting the issue.

Craig (HAP)

HAP
Log in to reply
The following users said thank you: JamesN, Stephen Fulcher