Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

5J60 is trying to escape from Queen Street

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Central Scotland > 5J60 is trying to escape from Queen Street

Page 1 of 1

5J60 is trying to escape from Queen Street 17/01/2021 at 17:11 #136508
bugsy
Avatar
951 posts
It matters little as I’m nearly at the end of the sim running time and I could just delete it, but I’m curious as to why 5J60, which is supposed to terminate at Queen Street P5 with no onward service, is trying its best to escape.

There are probably quite a few people who’d know the answer to this, so perhaps they could enlighten me.
Please advise if a save is required. No don't do that. I'll attach one anyway which is just before it reaches Queen Street.

Thanks.
...


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Log in to reply
5J60 is trying to escape from Queen Street 17/01/2021 at 17:24 #136509
GeoffM
Avatar
5503 posts
It hasn't registered reaching Polmont.
SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
5J60 is trying to escape from Queen Street 17/01/2021 at 17:25 #136510
Steamer
Avatar
3505 posts
Polmont is still in bold, so it thinks it's next or current location is Polmont.

I've just run a test train for the same sequence of moves, and it stepped up fine on departure from Polmont. Did you do anything unusual with the train at Polmont?

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
5J60 is trying to escape from Queen Street 17/01/2021 at 17:26 #136511
MarkC
Avatar
1026 posts
..
It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Last edited: 17/01/2021 at 17:27 by MarkC
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
5J60 is trying to escape from Queen Street 17/01/2021 at 17:49 #136513
agilchrist
Avatar
255 posts
When you divert via Grahamston instead of High or vv there is no wrong route code nor does the TT step up.

Logged this a long time ago but developer said "he dont do wrong route code".
I found it easier to find a concrete wall to run into, was less painful.

Log in to reply
5J60 is trying to escape from Queen Street 17/01/2021 at 18:12 #136518
Steamer
Avatar
3505 posts
agilchrist in post 136513 said:
When you divert via Grahamston instead of High or vv there is no wrong route code nor does the TT step up.

Logged this a long time ago but developer said "he dont do wrong route code".
I found it easier to find a concrete wall to run into, was less painful.
Repeated my test sending the train via Grahamston; TT stepped up as expected and recognised Gramston as High as per manual.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
5J60 is trying to escape from Queen Street 17/01/2021 at 18:37 #136519
agilchrist
Avatar
255 posts
Steamer in post 136518 said:
agilchrist in post 136513 said:
When you divert via Grahamston instead of High or vv there is no wrong route code nor does the TT step up.

Logged this a long time ago but developer said "he dont do wrong route code".
I found it easier to find a concrete wall to run into, was less painful.
Repeated my test sending the train via Grahamston; TT stepped up as expected and recognised Gramston as High as per manual.
Good that its half fixed then.
Shame it still does not work the other way round though.... !

Log in to reply
5J60 is trying to escape from Queen Street 17/01/2021 at 18:46 #136520
Steamer
Avatar
3505 posts
agilchrist in post 136519 said:
Steamer in post 136518 said:
agilchrist in post 136513 said:
When you divert via Grahamston instead of High or vv there is no wrong route code nor does the TT step up.

Logged this a long time ago but developer said "he dont do wrong route code".
I found it easier to find a concrete wall to run into, was less painful.
Repeated my test sending the train via Grahamston; TT stepped up as expected and recognised Gramston as High as per manual.
Good that its half fixed then.
Shame it still does not work the other way round though.... !
Which move doesn't work? Just tested Polmont Jn to Greenhill Upper Jn both directions via Gramston and High with trains switched to the 'wrong' route; TT stepped up as expected in all cases.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
5J60 is trying to escape from Queen Street 17/01/2021 at 19:34 #136523
bugsy
Avatar
951 posts
Steamer in post 136510 said:
Polmont is still in bold, so it thinks it's next or current location is Polmont.

I've just run a test train for the same sequence of moves, and it stepped up fine on departure from Polmont. Did you do anything unusual with the train at Polmont?
Yes I shunted it forwards as it didn't want to move at the appointed time.
Do you think that I should have been more patient?

Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Log in to reply
5J60 is trying to escape from Queen Street 17/01/2021 at 19:44 #136524
Steamer
Avatar
3505 posts
bugsy in post 136523 said:
Steamer in post 136510 said:
Polmont is still in bold, so it thinks it's next or current location is Polmont.

I've just run a test train for the same sequence of moves, and it stepped up fine on departure from Polmont. Did you do anything unusual with the train at Polmont?
Yes I shunted it forwards as it didn't want to move at the appointed time.
Do you think that I should have been more patient?
Probably. In any case, it's not registered the departure and a test train with the same location sequence works fine.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
5J60 is trying to escape from Queen Street 17/01/2021 at 19:56 #136526
postal
Avatar
4570 posts
bugsy in post 136523 said:
Steamer in post 136510 said:
Polmont is still in bold, so it thinks it's next or current location is Polmont.

I've just run a test train for the same sequence of moves, and it stepped up fine on departure from Polmont. Did you do anything unusual with the train at Polmont?
Yes I shunted it forwards as it didn't want to move at the appointed time.
Do you think that I should have been more patient?
Patience doesn't enter into the solution of the problem at Queen Street. That gives another lesson to store in the memory bank. If a train is not behaving as expected always check the TT to see if the sim and TT both think that the train is in the same place.

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Log in to reply
5J60 is trying to escape from Queen Street 17/01/2021 at 21:01 #136532
bugsy
Avatar
951 posts
postal in post 136526 said:
bugsy in post 136523 said:
Steamer in post 136510 said:
Polmont is still in bold, so it thinks it's next or current location is Polmont.

I've just run a test train for the same sequence of moves, and it stepped up fine on departure from Polmont. Did you do anything unusual with the train at Polmont?
Yes I shunted it forwards as it didn't want to move at the appointed time.
Do you think that I should have been more patient?
Patience doesn't enter into the solution of the problem at Queen Street. That gives another lesson to store in the memory bank. If a train is not behaving as expected always check the TT to see if the sim and TT both think that the train is in the same place.
You've told me that before but I forgot :\

I'll be starting a fresh run very soon so will try to be a bit more careful.

Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Log in to reply