Upcoming Events

No events to display

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

No trains after 2 hours? 2017 Tyne Valley Diverts TT

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Carlisle > No trains after 2 hours? 2017 Tyne Valley Diverts TT

Page 1 of 1

No trains after 2 hours? 2017 Tyne Valley Diverts TT 03/03/2021 at 17:30 #137578
bugsy
Avatar
1007 posts
I've recently started a new Carlisle 2017 Tyne Valley Diverts tt and all that's happened in the first 2 hours (midnight start) is one phone call from a level crossing user.

Will I get any trains or is this timetable now unplayable through the Loader?

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
No trains after 2 hours? 2017 Tyne Valley Diverts TT 03/03/2021 at 17:37 #137579
y10g9
Avatar
680 posts
When does the F4 window say the first train is due?
Log in to reply
No trains after 2 hours? 2017 Tyne Valley Diverts TT 03/03/2021 at 17:42 #137580
bugsy
Avatar
1007 posts
Nothing is shown in the F4 timetables or any other tabs for that matter Could I have set the wrong era?
Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Last edited: 03/03/2021 at 17:42 by bugsy
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
No trains after 2 hours? 2017 Tyne Valley Diverts TT 03/03/2021 at 17:51 #137581
bugsy
Avatar
1007 posts
I've now abandoned it after nearly 4 hours (sim time at fast speed)

I'm going to try a different timetable to see what happens.

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
No trains after 2 hours? 2017 Tyne Valley Diverts TT 03/03/2021 at 18:07 #137583
postal
Avatar
4616 posts
bugsy in post 137580 said:
Nothing is shown in the F4 timetables or any other tabs for that matter Could I have set the wrong era?
If nothing is showing then it looks as if you have started the run without a TT. This can happen if you select a TT, click Next then go back. The loader does not retain the TT you originally selected; instead it reverts to no timetable selected. If you then click Next again, everything after that step is loading the sim with no TT selected. A saved game would indicate whether the sim had loaded with or without TT.

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Last edited: 03/03/2021 at 18:07 by postal
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
No trains after 2 hours? 2017 Tyne Valley Diverts TT 03/03/2021 at 20:06 #137585
bugsy
Avatar
1007 posts
postal in post 137583 said:
bugsy in post 137580 said:
Nothing is shown in the F4 timetables or any other tabs for that matter Could I have set the wrong era?
If nothing is showing then it looks as if you have started the run without a TT. This can happen if you select a TT, click Next then go back. The loader does not retain the TT you originally selected; instead it reverts to no timetable selected. If you then click Next again, everything after that step is loading the sim with no TT selected. A saved game would indicate whether the sim had loaded with or without TT.
Yep. That's what I did. Thanks for letting me know. I'll go back and start again.

Do you still need a saved game?

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
No trains after 2 hours? 2017 Tyne Valley Diverts TT 03/03/2021 at 20:51 #137588
Stephen Fulcher
Avatar
1705 posts
No need for a save, as you confirmed Postals theory as to what happened.

Wouldn’t help much, would just be the same as starting the sim without a timetable

Log in to reply
No trains after 2 hours? 2017 Tyne Valley Diverts TT 03/03/2021 at 21:00 #137589
bugsy
Avatar
1007 posts
Stephen Fulcher in post 137588 said:
No need for a save, as you confirmed Postals theory as to what happened.

Wouldn’t help much, would just be the same as starting the sim without a timetable
Thought as much but offered anyway.

Just started a new game (without back-tracking) and all is Ok

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
No trains after 2 hours? 2017 Tyne Valley Diverts TT 03/03/2021 at 21:43 #137592
postal
Avatar
4616 posts
bugsy in post 137589 said:
Stephen Fulcher in post 137588 said:
No need for a save, as you confirmed Postals theory as to what happened.

Wouldn’t help much, would just be the same as starting the sim without a timetable
Thought as much but offered anyway.

Just started a new game (without back-tracking) and all is Ok :)
You can back-track - you just need to remember to reselect the TT (and if necessary seed time).

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: bugsy