Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Megachain: 158 Frozen Popsicles - 22/01/2022

You are here: Home > Forum > Hosting and Events > Hosting General Topics > Megachain: 158 Frozen Popsicles - 22/01/2022

Page 1 of 1

158 Frozen Popsicles - 22/01/2022 09/11/2021 at 17:07 #142242
headshot119
Avatar
4187 posts
PEOPLE OF SIMSIG!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a while since we last hosted a "Mega Chain", while we hope to resume in person meets during 2022, we thought we'd kick the year off with something a little bit different. Wrap up warm and strap yourself in, it's going to be a good one!

Giving us 21 potential panels available publicly, this is another diverse chain, simulating a nice chunk of the WCML, and the surrounding lines. It's a nice mixture of long distance, regional, and local trains, with plenty of freight mixed in. We even have part of the Manchester Metrolink.

Commencing 10:00 on 22/01/2022 we will set off on an 8 - 10 hour session, encompassing the late shift.

The following simulations will be in use:-

Warrington PSB
Cheshire Lines
Manchester South
Staffordshire
Shrewsbury
Chester
Edge Hill
Huyton
North East Wales
Crewe
*See Below!!!

Crewe
Development of the Crewe simulation is moving forward rapidly, it won't reach the final stage of testing till after this game, but we're using this opportunity to thoroughly test all of the chaining combinations. Live streaming via twitch will be taking place throughout so you can all have a preview of the simulation, and see what's going on as we progress. Crewe will be staffed by members of the testing team, and won't be available to the public.

Timetable
We will be using the 2015 timetable, starting at 1400. As always the wheel of randomness will be in use, giving us a number of scenarios to work through as we progress through the session. Including but not limited to SPADs, fire alarm, broken rail, ESR, animal incursions, bar brawls and more. The MOMS will be back out helping us resolve any issues.

How to sign up
We have split the session down into two hour chunks available in the upcoming games window (Not currently available), please use these to sign up for the times at which you can commit to the full two hours. This will allows us to staff the sims as appropriate.

In Game Communication
Will be via TeamSpeak, you don't need access to a microphone, or to speakers, but both of these would help if you have them. F10 will not be used

Panel Allocations
We will issue a spreadsheeet of panel allocations prior to the start of the session, which will be updated as we continue.

Hosts
We have made special arrangements to provide continuous hosting throughout the period. We don't at the moment need any further volunteers.

The Roster
Will be published closer to the time.
"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Last edited: 24/11/2021 at 16:17 by headshot119
Reason: Formatting

Log in to reply
The following users said thank you: Meld, Hap, GeoffM, Steamer, y10g9, HST125Scorton, Albert, andyb0607, tjfrancis, flabberdacks, elltrain3, JamesN, jc92, 9pN1SEAp, Newhampshires, Banners88, JamesDaniel, Trainzy, Splodge, bri2808, belly buster
158 Frozen Popsicles - 22/01/2022 09/11/2021 at 18:04 #142243
Albert
Avatar
1234 posts
I had almost skipped over this topic because the title didn't make clear to me that it was a multiplayer session 😳

Anyway, I'll try to keep that day free.

AJP in games
Log in to reply
158 Frozen Popsicles - 22/01/2022 09/11/2021 at 20:18 #142244
elltrain3
Avatar
277 posts
Online
Albert in post 142243 said:
I had almost skipped over this topic because the title didn't make clear to me that it was a multiplayer session 😳

Anyway, I'll try to keep that day free.
Same here! and I'll aim to be there for the whole session! cant wait for this will be nice to play a chain rather than host it xD

"The Out-of-control Host"
Log in to reply
Megachain: 158 Frozen Popsicles - 22/01/2022 10/11/2021 at 14:05 #142247
jc92
Avatar
3401 posts
Will the toaster of doom strike once again?
"We don't stop camborne wednesdays"
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: elltrain3
Megachain: 158 Frozen Popsicles - 22/01/2022 10/11/2021 at 14:46 #142250
Newhampshires
Avatar
45 posts
Wow, perhaps I'll give it a go. Sign me up.
Log in to reply
Megachain: 158 Frozen Popsicles - 22/01/2022 10/11/2021 at 16:28 #142252
JamesDaniel
Avatar
29 posts
headshot119 in post 142242 said:
PEOPLE OF SIMSIG!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a while since we last hosted a "Mega Chain", while we hope to resume in person meets during 2022, we thought we'd kick the year off with something a little bit different. Wrap up warm and strap yourself in, it's going to be a good one!

Giving us 21 potential panels available publicly, this is another diverse chain, simulating a nice chunk of the WCML, and the surrounding lines. It's a nice mixture of long distance, regional, and local trains, with plenty of freight mixed in. We even have part of the Manchester Metrolink.

Commencing 10:00 on 22/01/2022 we will set off on an 8 - 10 hour session, encompassing the late shift.

The following simulations will be in use:-

Warrington PSB
Cheshire Lines
Manchester South
Staffordshire
Shrewsbury
Chester
Edge Hill
Huyton
North East Wales
Crewe *See Below!!!

Crewe
Development of the Crewe simulation is moving forward rapidly, it won't reach the final stage of testing till after this game, but we're using this opportunity to thoroughly test all of the chaining combinations. Live streaming via twitch will be taking place throughout so you can all have a preview of the simulation, and see what's going on as we progress. Crewe will be staffed by members of the testing team, and won't be available to the public.

Timetable
We will be using the 2015 timetable, starting at 1400. As always the wheel of randomness will be in use, giving us a number of scenarios to work through as we progress through the session. Including but not limited to SPADs, fire alarm, broken rail, ESR, animal incursions, bar brawls and more. The MOMS will be back out helping us resolve any issues.

How to sign up
We have split the session down into two hour chunks available in the upcoming games window (Not currently available), please use these to sign up for the times at which you can commit to the full two hours. This will allows us to staff the sims as appropriate.

In Game Communication
Will be via TeamSpeak, you don't need access to a microphone, or to speakers, but both of these would help if you have them. F10 will not be used

Panel Allocations
We will issue a spreadsheeet of panel allocations prior to the start of the session, which will be updated as we continue.

Hosts
We have made special arrangements to provide continuous hosting throughout the period. We don't at the moment need any further volunteers.

The Roster
Will be published closer to the time.
SIGN ME UP for this sounds really fun to have this opportunity again.

Last edited: 10/11/2021 at 16:29 by JamesDaniel
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Megachain: 158 Frozen Popsicles - 22/01/2022 25/11/2021 at 22:21 #142475
DaveHarries
Avatar
1120 posts
Online
I will be up for joining this but am unsure what times I will be available. I realise that doesn't help but I will probably be available during the afternoon while the sport is on the radio.

Dave

Log in to reply
Megachain: 158 Frozen Popsicles - 22/01/2022 29/11/2021 at 23:39 #142623
Hawk777
Avatar
376 posts
headshot119 in post 142242 said:
Commencing 10:00 on 22/01/2022 we will set off on an 8 - 10 hour session, encompassing the late shift.
In which timezone? UK time I presume?

Log in to reply
Megachain: 158 Frozen Popsicles - 22/01/2022 29/11/2021 at 23:52 #142624
Hap
Avatar
642 posts
Online
Hawk777 in post 142623 said:
headshot119 in post 142242 said:
Commencing 10:00 on 22/01/2022 we will set off on an 8 - 10 hour session, encompassing the late shift.
In which timezone? UK time I presume?
Yes, the chain will run from 10:00 GMT.

HAP
Log in to reply