Upcoming Games

(UTC times)


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Basingstoke Main Released!

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Basingstoke Main > Basingstoke Main Released!

Page 1 of 1

Basingstoke Main Released! 10/02/2024 at 20:44 #155269
GeoffM
Avatar
6262 posts
The southwestward SimSig march continues with the release of Basingstoke (Main). The four track main line from Waterloo culminates with the division of the West of England towards Salisbury and Exeter, and the South Western Main Line to Southampton and Weymouth. A branch from Didcot and Reading also joins at Basingstoke which carries freight to and from the southern ports, local passenger trains, and also forms part of the Cross Country network.

Basingstoke is a single player simulation with enough going on to keep you busy but not overworked. This can chain to Woking and Salisbury currently, with future provision for other simulations if they become available. Two timetables are provided, a 2015 and a 2019. It is right up-to-date with Reading Green Park station (opened May 2023).

Other Updates

We have also updated and improved Woking, the three Rugby simulations, Tyneside, Huyton & St.Helens, and Huddersfield. Salisbury has also had an update to enable chaining with Basingstoke. Last but not least, many timetables have also been updated.

SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
The following users said thank you: HST125Scorton, 9pN1SEAp, geswedey, jnjkerbin, casey jones, dhouk, traindriver17, Phil-jmw, apache668, simonstops, mldaureol, robert, haydenrobertson, cdlloy, agincourt13, Guts, snapscan, sunocske, rodney30, KCRCRailway
Basingstoke Main Released! 10/02/2024 at 22:02 #155274
Fendahl
Avatar
9 posts
Hi Geoff.

I've tried to make a purchase but I keep getting an error message - The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Is that likely to be an error at my end?

Thanks

Log in to reply
Basingstoke Main Released! 10/02/2024 at 22:27 #155277
GeoffM
Avatar
6262 posts
At which stage did you get an error? Copy the link from the address bar on the page *before* the 400 error if you can, please.
SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
Basingstoke Main Released! 10/02/2024 at 22:43 #155278
Fendahl
Avatar
9 posts
It was after the paypal screen.

Screenshot attached.


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
Basingstoke Main Released! 10/02/2024 at 22:44 #155279
Fendahl
Avatar
9 posts
It was after the paypal screen.

https://www.SimSig.co.uk/Paypal/PaymentWithPayPal?guid=70220&paymentId=<redacted>

Screenshot attached.

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Last edited: 10/02/2024 at 22:51 by GeoffM
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Basingstoke Main Released! 10/02/2024 at 22:59 #155281
GeoffM
Avatar
6262 posts
To be honest, I'm not sure. I can't see any transaction from you on the PayPal website, though I only see completed ones anyway. Others have been purchasing before and after your post. Bit of a long shot but perhaps try a different browser?
SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
Basingstoke Main Released! 10/02/2024 at 23:13 #155282
Fendahl
Avatar
9 posts
Should have thought of that. I tried the browser on my phone and got the same response. Could be something between me and paypal. I'll keep trying.

Thanks anyway, and thanks for all the fantastic simulations.

Log in to reply
Basingstoke Main Released! 10/02/2024 at 23:57 #155283
apache668
Avatar
24 posts
Brilliant job by the team, looks fantastic!
One small observation is the Long Valley Sdgs/Dn E End siding being referred to as "Long End Sidings" in the timetables. Is this intentional?
From my phots of the panel, it's marked as the Long Valley Sidings.

Basically... What it is driver... We uh....
Log in to reply
Basingstoke Main Released! 11/02/2024 at 19:55 #155291
GeoffM
Avatar
6262 posts
apache668 in post 155283 said:
Brilliant job by the team, looks fantastic!
One small observation is the Long Valley Sdgs/Dn E End siding being referred to as "Long End Sidings" in the timetables. Is this intentional?
From my phots of the panel, it's marked as the Long Valley Sidings.
The NR TIPLOC is "Down East End Sidings" but, like you say, the panel says "Long Valley". It's one of those places that unfortunately has more than one name. The "Long End" part may well be a mistake though - I'm looking through my sources to see if it appeared anywhere, and so far it doesn't.

SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
Basingstoke Main Released! 11/02/2024 at 21:04 #155293
kaiwhara
Avatar
584 posts
GeoffM in post 155291 said:
apache668 in post 155283 said:
Brilliant job by the team, looks fantastic!
One small observation is the Long Valley Sdgs/Dn E End siding being referred to as "Long End Sidings" in the timetables. Is this intentional?
From my phots of the panel, it's marked as the Long Valley Sidings.
The NR TIPLOC is "Down East End Sidings" but, like you say, the panel says "Long Valley". It's one of those places that unfortunately has more than one name. The "Long End" part may well be a mistake though - I'm looking through my sources to see if it appeared anywhere, and so far it doesn't.
Geoff, if it helps, I've never heard it referred to as "Long End Sidings" either. SWT did refer to it as Down East End Siding, and Long Siding interchangeably in their CWN's, but I don't recall seeing Long Valley in that document :-/

The Kiwi

Sorry guys, I am in the business of making people wait!
Log in to reply
Basingstoke Main Released! 12/02/2024 at 20:43 #155311
oliverblake
Avatar
21 posts
Held 4E93 at Odd Lane for a slow moving vehicle to cross, however got a call from the crossing.


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
Basingstoke Main Released! 12/02/2024 at 21:44 #155312
kaiwhara
Avatar
584 posts
oliverblake in post 155311 said:
Held 4E93 at Odd Lane for a slow moving vehicle to cross, however got a call from the crossing.

Mantis 40283

Sorry guys, I am in the business of making people wait!
Log in to reply
Basingstoke Main Released! 12/02/2024 at 21:44 #155313
GeoffM
Avatar
6262 posts
kaiwhara in post 155293 said:
GeoffM in post 155291 said:
apache668 in post 155283 said:
Brilliant job by the team, looks fantastic!
One small observation is the Long Valley Sdgs/Dn E End siding being referred to as "Long End Sidings" in the timetables. Is this intentional?
From my phots of the panel, it's marked as the Long Valley Sidings.
The NR TIPLOC is "Down East End Sidings" but, like you say, the panel says "Long Valley". It's one of those places that unfortunately has more than one name. The "Long End" part may well be a mistake though - I'm looking through my sources to see if it appeared anywhere, and so far it doesn't.
Geoff, if it helps, I've never heard it referred to as "Long End Sidings" either. SWT did refer to it as Down East End Siding, and Long Siding interchangeably in their CWN's, but I don't recall seeing Long Valley in that document :-/

The Kiwi
The panel photos show Long Valley though. I think I just conflated "East End" and "Long Valley" into "Long End".

SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
Basingstoke Main Released! 14/02/2024 at 00:23 #155325
raygun
Avatar
6 posts
I've had the same issue with a train on the down line
Log in to reply
Basingstoke Main Released! 14/02/2024 at 13:51 #155333
sunocske
Avatar
111 posts
I've quickly read through the manual, but can't find anything about sending a train towards Ludgershall. It seems I can simply click the slot roundel which starts flashing, then somebody grants it. However, I can phone up the Andover shunter, who advise me to wait for the slot being given. Are both ways accepted?

So far I did not signal a train without calling the shunter to see the effects, but I was able to cause the following sequence:
1. Train coming from Salisbury, I click the roundel
2. Roundel starts flashing, then some time later slot granted
3. I realised I can make a call to the Andover shunter, so did it, asked me to wait for the slot
4. Call ended, slot reset itself to hollow circle
5. Some time later slot granted again without any intervention.
6. Train happily went into the siding, no error message or something.

I can't produce a save right now, maybe later or tomorrow.

Last edited: 14/02/2024 at 13:54 by sunocske
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Basingstoke Main Released! 14/02/2024 at 14:00 #155335
Stephen Fulcher
Avatar
2002 posts
sunocske in post 155333 said:
I've quickly read through the manual, but can't find anything about sending a train towards Ludgershall. It seems I can simply click the slot roundel which starts flashing, then somebody grants it. However, I can phone up the Andover shunter, who advise me to wait for the slot being given. Are both ways accepted?

So far I did not signal a train without calling the shunter to see the effects, but I was able to cause the following sequence:
1. Train coming from Salisbury, I click the roundel
2. Roundel starts flashing, then some time later slot granted
3. I realised I can make a call to the Andover shunter, so did it, asked me to wait for the slot
4. Call ended, slot reset itself to hollow circle
5. Some time later slot granted again without any intervention.
6. Train happily went into the siding, no error message or something.

I can't produce a save right now, maybe later or tomorrow.
Mantis 40291

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: sunocske