Peterborough 15th April 2010

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Timetables > Peterborough > Peterborough 15th April 2010

Page 1 of 1

Peterborough 15th April 2010 14/07/2010 at 07:49 #1455
Chrisrail
Avatar
195 posts
Please report any irregularities here. The Sim is based on the actual workings of the day. Where possible the actual train lengths(Freight) are included individually)
Enjoy

Log in to reply
Peterborough 15th April 2010 14/07/2010 at 07:49 #10066
Chrisrail
Avatar
195 posts
Please report any irregularities here. The Sim is based on the actual workings of the day. Where possible the actual train lengths(Freight) are included individually)
Enjoy

Log in to reply
Peterborough 15th April 2010 14/07/2010 at 13:15 #10071
John
Avatar
881 posts
ARS wrong routes 6L58S Peterborough Yard - Whittlesea to the Up Through line. It just needs to have platform 5 added to the schedule.

ARS wrong routes 4L42 Grantham - Whittlesea to the Up Through line. The location just needs to be amended to Peterborough Goods Line.

ARS wrong routes 2E01 477 (Down Fast) to 485 (Down Slow) vice 477 to 487.

5P52 Nene Sidings - Peterborough platform 2 should shunt via 78, but train is facing the wrong direction in platform 4.

Log in to reply
Peterborough 15th April 2010 01/08/2010 at 15:05 #10400
ajax103
Avatar
711 posts
Got a regulating issue here which is 1L09 Liverpool Lime Street to Norwich running 64 minutes early currently on the Up Fast having just arrived from Grantham with 1L08 running 3 minutes early currently on the Up Slow, now obviously I could hold 1L09 outside Peterborough station on the Up Slow but I don't think that would be practical especially with passengers on board or blocking a line to keep the train to time so what should I ought to do?

Do I do nothing and let it run though the Peterborough area unchecked, possibily leading to blocking Platform 5 for a hour?
Just hold it outside Peterborough station for a hour to wait time?
Run 1L09 into Platform 5, cancel the remaining working and let 1L08 couple to it and run the coupled trains as 1L08?

What would you guys do?

Log in to reply
Peterborough 15th April 2010 01/08/2010 at 15:13 #10401
ipswich
Avatar
245 posts
what i do is hold it in P5 and route everything in P4 or vise versa
Log in to reply
Peterborough 15th April 2010 01/08/2010 at 15:43 #10402
GB
Avatar
64 posts
Personly, rather than block a platform or a running for an hour, I think I would put it in the platform and detrain. Then I would shunt the stock to a more suitable place and bring it back in again closer to departure time. Not an ideal situation by any means but then neither is getting a passenger train an hour early.
Log in to reply
Peterborough 15th April 2010 01/08/2010 at 15:48 #10403
ajax103
Avatar
711 posts
GB said:
Personly, rather than block a platform or a running for an hour, I think I would put it in the platform and detrain. Then I would shunt the stock to a more suitable place and bring it back in again closer to departure time. Not an ideal situation by any means but then neither is getting a passenger train an hour early.
I found out what the problem was, it was timed to depart Grantham at 1308 and pass Stoke Tunnel at 1415 when it ought to have departed Grantham at 1408.

Since there's not much I could do, I was going to terminate it at Peterborough on Platform 4 and run it into the Nene Sidings but working out pathing is not easy so I thought I just terminate it in Platform 3 as 1L09-1, run to Connington Loop as 5L09 then come back to Peterborough and arrive on Platform 4 where I would then pick up 1L09-2's working.

So because I kept getting issues with pathing in the Connington area, I just terminated 1L09 at Peterborough and coupled it up to 1L08 and ran them both coupled up together as 1L08 seeing as there is a train in 30 minutes going to Stansted which any Norwich bound passengers can get to Ely or Cambridge to pick up the Cambridge to Norwich service.

Probably a bit naughty but heh, it was the best I could do at the time.

Log in to reply
Re: Peterborough 15th April 2010 13/12/2011 at 05:33 #25058
BarryM
Avatar
2094 posts
Online
I found a timetable problem whilst in a multi-player session the other evening.
The train 5P53 leaves Peterborough Nene Carriage Sidings at 06:53 and proceeds to Peterborough N DF (Reverse) and sits there from 06:58 to 07:05.
Train 5P64 leaves the Carriage Sidings at 06:56 and should proceed to Peterborough N DF (Reverse) and sits there from 07:01 to 07:26.
5P54 leaves the siding at 07:08 and should proceed to Peterborough N DF (Reverse) 07:13 to 07:19.

Do they shunt these sets on top of each other on the DF Reverse?

Chis, could please check what the correct times should be?

Keep up the good work
Many thanks
Barry

Barry, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Log in to reply
Re: Peterborough 15th April 2010 13/12/2011 at 08:15 #25062
delticfan
Avatar
476 posts
" said:
I found a timetable problem whilst in a multi-player session the other evening.
The train 5P53 leaves Peterborough Nene Carriage Sidings at 06:53 and proceeds to Peterborough N DF (Reverse) and sits there from 06:58 to 07:05.
Train 5P64 leaves the Carriage Sidings at 06:56 and should proceed to Peterborough N DF (Reverse) and sits there from 07:01 to 07:26.
5P54 leaves the siding at 07:08 and should proceed to Peterborough N DF (Reverse) 07:13 to 07:19.

Do they shunt these sets on top of each other on the DF Reverse?

Chis, could please check what the correct times should be?

Keep up the good work
Many thanks
Barry
Hi Barry, I had the same thing with this t/t and got round it by re-timing these trains. It'll take a while to open Pboro and see my times as I've got quite a bit on at the moment. If it's ok I'll PM with the times I used.

Mal.

Log in to reply
Re: Peterborough 15th April 2010 13/12/2011 at 08:45 #25064
delticfan
Avatar
476 posts
" said:
I found a timetable problem whilst in a multi-player session the other evening.
The train 5P53 leaves Peterborough Nene Carriage Sidings at 06:53 and proceeds to Peterborough N DF (Reverse) and sits there from 06:58 to 07:05.
Train 5P64 leaves the Carriage Sidings at 06:56 and should proceed to Peterborough N DF (Reverse) and sits there from 07:01 to 07:26.
5P54 leaves the siding at 07:08 and should proceed to Peterborough N DF (Reverse) 07:13 to 07:19.

Do they shunt these sets on top of each other on the DF Reverse?

Chis, could please check what the correct times should be?



Keep up the good work
Many thanks
Barry
Hi Barry, I got round this by doing some re-timing as follows...

5P53
Enter 06.53 P4
Pboro 06/56
NDF Rev 06.58 to 07.03
Pboro 07.05 07.05 P2

5P54
Enter 07.08 P4
Pboro 07/12
NDF Rev 07.13 to 07.19
Pboro 07.21 07.21 P3

5P64
Enter 07.17 P4
Pboro 07/19
NDF Rev 07.21 to 07.26
Pboro 07.28 07.28 P3

I've tried these timings and they do work, although a bit tight. Hope it helps.

Mal.

Last edited: 13/12/2011 at 08:59 by delticfan
Log in to reply
Re: Peterborough 15th April 2010 13/12/2011 at 19:15 #25187
BarryM
Avatar
2094 posts
Online
" said:
" said:
I found a timetable problem whilst in a multi-player session the other evening.
The train 5P53 leaves Peterborough Nene Carriage Sidings at 06:53 and proceeds to Peterborough N DF (Reverse) and sits there from 06:58 to 07:05.
Train 5P64 leaves the Carriage Sidings at 06:56 and should proceed to Peterborough N DF (Reverse) and sits there from 07:01 to 07:26.
5P54 leaves the siding at 07:08 and should proceed to Peterborough N DF (Reverse) 07:13 to 07:19.

Do they shunt these sets on top of each other on the DF Reverse?

Chis, could please check what the correct times should be?



Keep up the good work
Many thanks
Barry
Hi Barry, I got round this by doing some re-timing as follows...

5P53
Enter 06.53 P4
Pboro 06/56
NDF Rev 06.58 to 07.03
Pboro 07.05 07.05 P2

5P54
Enter 07.08 P4
Pboro 07/12
NDF Rev 07.13 to 07.19
Pboro 07.21 07.21 P3

5P64
Enter 07.17 P4
Pboro 07/19
NDF Rev 07.21 to 07.26
Pboro 07.28 07.28 P3

I've tried these timings and they do work, although a bit tight. Hope it helps.

Mal.
Thank Mal,

As this was copy of the Working Timetable for the period quoted, I was curious to find out from Chrisrail what the correct working was. Rather embarrassing for multi-players when you are not aware of what is happening especially when you do not have access to the timetable for the location you are controlling.

Barry

Barry, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Log in to reply
Re: Peterborough 15th April 2010 13/12/2011 at 20:00 #25198
delticfan
Avatar
476 posts
Cheers Barry. Thought it was a general query and just decided to post the solution I came up with after a bit of t/t juggling. First time, as a relative newbie, that I'd tried a serious t/t edit.

Mal.

Last edited: 13/12/2011 at 20:02 by delticfan
Log in to reply
Re: Peterborough 15th April 2010 25/05/2012 at 19:51 #32557
delticfan
Avatar
476 posts
" said:
Got a regulating issue here which is 1L09 Liverpool Lime Street to Norwich running 64 minutes early currently on the Up Fast having just arrived from Grantham with 1L08 running 3 minutes early currently on the Up Slow, now obviously I could hold 1L09 outside Peterborough station on the Up Slow but I don't think that would be practical especially with passengers on board or blocking a line to keep the train to time so what should I ought to do?

Do I do nothing and let it run though the Peterborough area unchecked, possibily leading to blocking Platform 5 for a hour?
Just hold it outside Peterborough station for a hour to wait time?
Run 1L09 into Platform 5, cancel the remaining working and let 1L08 couple to it and run the coupled trains as 1L08?

What would you guys do?

To follow on from this query, as I'm running this TT at the moment, is there a way to edit the entry time so that 1L09 appears at a more reasonable time, and thus solve the awkward regulating problem?

Log in to reply
Re: Peterborough 15th April 2010 25/05/2012 at 20:03 #32558
Steamer
Avatar
3052 posts
Open up the timetable editor (F4), find the train's entry, double click, and on the right hand side is the train's entry time.
"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: delticfan
Re: Peterborough 15th April 2010 25/05/2012 at 20:21 #32559
delticfan
Avatar
476 posts
Thanks for that Steamer. I must have looked at that loads of times and not realised it was that easy, doh!

Log in to reply
Re: Peterborough 15th April 2010 26/05/2012 at 04:27 #32572
delticfan
Avatar
476 posts
" said:
Open up the timetable editor (F4), find the train's entry, double click, and on the right hand side is the train's entry time.
I did that bit and changed the entry time, but then couldn't remember how to put it in order in the TT list. In the end I played dirty and sent 1L09 non-stop through Peterborough. (Cue angry letters from passengers).

Log in to reply
Re: Peterborough 15th April 2010 26/05/2012 at 07:06 #32578
Steamer
Avatar
3052 posts
It doesn't matter what order the trains are in the list- they'll always enter at the entry time (unless delayed).
"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
Re: Peterborough 15th April 2010 26/05/2012 at 07:31 #32579
delticfan
Avatar
476 posts
Thanks again Steamer, (and 'doh!' again). So it should behave itself next time I run the TT.
Log in to reply
Re: Peterborough 15th April 2010 26/05/2012 at 10:21 #32581
Steamer
Avatar
3052 posts
Yes, provided you've saved the TT (MNU>Timetable>Save As). You may need to alter the times at subsequent locations as well, dpending on the exact nature of the problem.
"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: delticfan