Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

1979-1980 timetable

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Timetables > Carlisle > 1979-1980 timetable

Page 4 of 4

1979-1980 timetable 03/08/2020 at 16:06 #130332
jc92
Avatar
3061 posts
Online
Albert in post 130311 said:
1S79's arrival in Carlisle conflicts with run-round loco 0A18 reversing at CE295. 0A18 could use platform 1 instead of 3 and reverse in the neck to get around this, or could be delayed until after 1S79 has left.
I appreciate this point has already been addressed, but to provide some further clarity to the issue around shunt clashes...

Some sims/locations don't require platform numbers to be entered into a tt, while others do. Carlisle does and this means any schedule no matter how big or small and untimed MUST specify a platform. as a result most of the shunts and run rounds have these specified, even when they wouldn't normally in order to get the schedule to validate. There's also a number of services, Mostly Freightliners although the Perth - Carlisle Postal springs to mind which have a platform number of "REG" or regulate, meaning they have no booked platform and are worked as best as possible on the day. Again it's not possible to replicate this when the sim requires a platform so most have the "best" option chosen as a default.

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: postal
1979-1980 timetable 04/08/2020 at 17:13 #130367
peterb
Avatar
409 posts
Online
Is there a day which is more fun to play - maybe because it has more trains/more complexity?

For example does a Monday morning (Sunday night) have less trains than the rest of the week?

Log in to reply
1979-1980 timetable 04/08/2020 at 18:08 #130369
jc92
Avatar
3061 posts
Online
peterb in post 130367 said:
Is there a day which is more fun to play - maybe because it has more trains/more complexity?

For example does a Monday morning (Sunday night) have less trains than the rest of the week?
Monday is VERY quiet in the early morning and could be considered the entry level option. There are hardly any Postal/mail/parcels trains and far fewer Freightliners which make up the bulk of the overnights, which reduces it to a steady stream of Sleepers and Motorails.

I really like the Thursday timetable which I completed most recently which also includes Union of South Africa on a Railtour in the early afternoon. Friday is IIRC the busiest day, but drops off towards the late evening working into the weekend timetable.

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: peterb
1979-1980 timetable 04/08/2020 at 18:34 #130370
peterb
Avatar
409 posts
Online
jc92 in post 130369 said:
peterb in post 130367 said:
Is there a day which is more fun to play - maybe because it has more trains/more complexity?

For example does a Monday morning (Sunday night) have less trains than the rest of the week?
Monday is VERY quiet in the early morning and could be considered the entry level option. There are hardly any Postal/mail/parcels trains and far fewer Freightliners which make up the bulk of the overnights, which reduces it to a steady stream of Sleepers and Motorails.

I really like the Thursday timetable which I completed most recently which also includes Union of South Africa on a Railtour in the early afternoon. Friday is IIRC the busiest day, but drops off towards the late evening working into the weekend timetable.
Thanks - I suppose to expand on my question, is there any other special trains, or any sidings etc which are only served on a specific day?

Log in to reply
1979-1980 timetable 04/08/2020 at 20:35 #130375
postal
Avatar
4304 posts
Online
peterb in post 130370 said:
Thanks - I suppose to expand on my question, is there any other special trains, or any sidings etc which are only served on a specific day?
The engineers' trip workings go to different places every day. If you have a look at the trip workings in the Manual you can see if there is anywhere you want to go that you haven't visited before.

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Log in to reply
1979-1980 timetable 04/08/2020 at 20:49 #130376
Red For Danger
Avatar
107 posts
Operating (I don't think 'playing' is the correct word for the Carlisle 79-80 tt.....!!) I noticed there were bonus points in the score. Can anybody throw any light on how they are awarded.....?

Thanks.

PS - my random day was Tuesday and it was manic..... :-)

Log in to reply
1979-1980 timetable 05/08/2020 at 03:58 #130390
Chromatix
Avatar
135 posts
Online
There is a "Pullman" option for individual trains which gives bonus points for running them on time - and extra penalties if they run late. I don't know which if any of the trains in this TT use that option, but I think that's the most likely source of bonus points.
Log in to reply
1979-1980 timetable 05/08/2020 at 11:44 #130403
d233
Avatar
7 posts
Would users be interested in having this document as I've already scanned the original I have so it is available in e-format?[/quote]

I am interested

Russian Railways
Log in to reply
1979-1980 timetable 05/08/2020 at 12:59 #130404
58050
Avatar
2411 posts
d233 in post 130403 said:
Would users be interested in having this document as I've already scanned the original I have so it is available in e-format?
I am interested[/quote]

d233 it's a pdf document, but it's approx. 18.1Mb in size. I only scanned the weekday section & in it you'll notice the hand-written trainsthat went through Carlisle due to the Penmmanshiel diversion by signalman W.J. Taylor himself whilst working at Carlisle PSB during this period. If you PM me your e-mail address & I'll send it across to you. Please confirm you rcv'd it when you get it. Thanks.

Log in to reply