Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

Quay Siding Llandudno problems with 5xxx trains and Glan Conwy

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Timetables > North Wales Coast Timetables > Quay Siding Llandudno problems with 5xxx trains and Glan Conwy

Page 1 of 1

Quay Siding Llandudno problems with 5xxx trains and Glan Conwy 09/07/2013 at 12:11 #46840
Diesel Rider
Avatar
42 posts
Having recently played NWC and really enjoyed it, I found I could not get any of the 5xxx trains after dividing to make the next working with 0xxx to go back onto the platform and then run the detached engine into Glan Conwy. Was playing Project X timetable. Unfortunately deleted all my saved games. But will replay and try to duplicate the problem. I found that I had more than one 5xxx train in Quay Siding which divides no problem, but no 0xxx train to connect to. Consequently had multiple trains in the siding and in a right pickle! Any help would be appreciated! Have loved playing all the sims.

Thanks

John Rowley

Log in to reply
Quay Siding Llandudno problems with 5xxx trains and Glan Conwy 09/07/2013 at 14:29 #46845
headshot119
Avatar
3372 posts
Online
I believe it's an issue with timetable rules which has been corrected ready for the next release of the sim. None of the light engines correctly appear out of Glan Conwy unless you force them in.
"CHECK Do you stop at Capenhurst?" - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
Quay Siding Llandudno problems with 5xxx trains and Glan Conwy 28/01/2014 at 10:38 #54358
naasxing
Avatar
10 posts
" said:
I believe it's an issue with timetable rules which has been corrected ready for the next release of the sim. None of the light engines correctly appear out of Glan Conwy unless you force them in.
How does one do that, please? And have not conquored the Holywell oil sidings yet, either...?

Possibly the best sim+timetable ever, in my opinion!

Log in to reply
Quay Siding Llandudno problems with 5xxx trains and Glan Conwy 28/01/2014 at 13:38 #54371
Finger
Avatar
220 posts
How do you do that? F4 - Rules - delete rule "0D0x must appear ..." when you want the loco.

There are other peculiarities in this sim/tt, there are several possible solutions for them (incl. editing the TT and passing signals at danger) and I'm sure you can come up with some using your wits. I'm still thinking about hosting that TT, but don't know when I'll have time.

Log in to reply
Quay Siding Llandudno problems with 5xxx trains and Glan Conwy 28/01/2014 at 14:42 #54375
headshot119
Avatar
3372 posts
Online
" said:
How do you do that? F4 - Rules - delete rule "0D0x must appear ..." when you want the loco.

There are other peculiarities in this sim/tt, there are several possible solutions for them (incl. editing the TT and passing signals at danger) and I'm sure you can come up with some using your wits. I'm still thinking about hosting that TT, but don't know when I'll have time.
Not sure where you have to force things to pass signals at danger ?

"CHECK Do you stop at Capenhurst?" - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
Quay Siding Llandudno problems with 5xxx trains and Glan Conwy 28/01/2014 at 15:00 #54376
Finger
Avatar
220 posts
" said:
Not sure where you have to force things to pass signals at danger ?
Eg. the run round of 7F1x (or was it 7F2x?) at Holywell Up Goods - HJ12 won't clear. Moreover, I never said you have to force things PSAD - just that there are solutions that include PSAD. For example, there's a problem with 5Dxx/0Dxx that I've solved (among other things) by passing signal at danger with 0Dxx, and just now I've discovered there's another solution. You always learn with this TT.

Last edited: 28/01/2014 at 15:00 by Finger
Log in to reply
Quay Siding Llandudno problems with 5xxx trains and Glan Conwy 12/03/2014 at 19:28 #56876
naasxing
Avatar
10 posts
At the start of the session I edit the TT to send all the incoming 5Dxx to stop at the 'Far End' of Quay Siding instead of 'Default'. Otherwise the empty stock+fresh loco are just foul of the points when coupled.

Then I edit the 0Dxx entries to include the intermediate ground signal en route to Glan Conway Yard.

Log in to reply