Upcoming Games

Full list
Add a game

Diverting between Hanslope & Hillmorton

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Rugby > Diverting between Hanslope & Hillmorton

Page 1 of 1

Diverting between Hanslope & Hillmorton 04/10/2015 at 10:20 #76540
Class 92
346 posts
I read in the manual that it's possible to divert between Hanslope & Hillmorton junctions without the driver questioning the route but I tried diverting 4M42 via Weedon as it was running late but the driver phoned up complaining of wrong route. I told it to "Bypass Hanslope Junction and stick to timetable", it then phoned up again so I told it to bypass Northampton and it then accepted the route and crossed over to the fast line for Weedon. Is this incorrect or have I done something wrong?
Diverting between Hanslope & Hillmorton 04/10/2015 at 10:43 #76542
mickev
29 posts
Hi
Just a thought,does 4m42 have a passing time or a stopping time at Northampton?
Maybe if its a stopping time at Norhampton thats the reason why the driver questioned the route

"MD105 - HANSLOPE JUNCTION TO RUGBY (VIA NORTHAMPTON)
Hanslope North Junction To RUGBY
Trains diverted via Weedon. Trains booked to run via Northampton may be diverted via Weedon. Drivers need not
observe the requirements of Rule Book, Module S2, Section 5, unless their train is booked to call at Northampton and/or
Long Buckby.
Dated"

Diverting between Hanslope & Hillmorton 04/10/2015 at 11:12 #76547
Class 92
346 posts
Non-stop between Hanslope and Hillmorton, I had an issue with 4L95 also calling wrong route in the opposite direction.
Diverting between Hanslope & Hillmorton 02/03/2017 at 22:35 #93460
LordSven
29 posts
Good day all! I know that this is an old thread but the topic is still valid. Most trains booked up non-stop via N'ton will call wrong route if routed via Weedon. I'm at 03:22 sim time and the last culprit is 4O84 (running early), running booked route to Hillmorton Jcn and thence signalled via the Up Main (to avoid a TC failure at Daventry S. and an early running class 6) calls wrong route at KR3356. Cheers!
Last edited: 02/03/2017 at 23:37 by LordSven
Reason: Correction to quoted sim time.

Diverting between Hanslope & Hillmorton 02/03/2017 at 23:21 #93466
LordSven
29 posts
4M43 booked down via N'ton just called wrong route at Hanslope Jcn., so the hiccup exists in both directions. Haven't sent anything Up or Down via N'ton when booked via Weedon yet but will advise.

Could this problem be arising because all trains booked via N'ton seem to be timed at Daventry North Junction and Daventry South Junction? These points seem to be inserted automatically if removed with an F2 edit. Just a thought.

Last edited: 02/03/2017 at 23:28 by LordSven
Reason: Added thoughts on Daventry Jcn.s

Diverting between Hanslope & Hillmorton 02/03/2017 at 23:29 #93468
Steamer
3148 posts
Looks like it didn't get put on the bug tracker- #16915 raised.
"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
The following user said thank you: LordSven
Diverting between Hanslope & Hillmorton 23/05/2020 at 18:25 #127045
8stewartt
14 posts
I have just downloaded Rugby and found this out. In reality, all drivers are to take either route without questioning, except if required that way, for example a Daventry bound train would query fast line route at Hanslope, but other than that they are to take what is given if just heading through. A shame it hasnt been replicated that way but hopefully it will get rectified.
Diverting between Hanslope & Hillmorton 23/05/2020 at 19:00 #127048
GeoffM
4853 posts
8stewartt in post 127045 said:
I have just downloaded Rugby and found this out. In reality, all drivers are to take either route without questioning, except if required that way, for example a Daventry bound train would query fast line route at Hanslope, but other than that they are to take what is given if just heading through. A shame it hasnt been replicated that way but hopefully it will get rectified.
16915 was resolved 3 years ago! Just tried it on the sim and drivers take the route without question.

SimSig Boss