Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Minor problems with Largs Pseudo Old

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Paisley > Minor problems with Largs Pseudo Old

Page 1 of 1

Minor problems with Largs Pseudo Old 20/08/2016 at 11:25 #84179
trolleybus
Avatar
100 posts
I'm currently up to about 11:00 on the enjoyable 1983 t/t and have noticed these minor problems at Hunterston.

1 - PH495R does not have an R label, leading to the dimwitted signaller vainly trying to set a route to it from PK477
2 - Setting the route PH513 to PH525 also causes PH525 to PH533 to be set
3 - There's no route from PH525 to the pseudosignal into Fairlie High Sidings, so it's necessary to talk the driver past (perhaps that's stereotypical?)

Log in to reply
Minor problems with Largs Pseudo Old 20/08/2016 at 12:50 #84182
Sacro
Avatar
1080 posts
1 - I can see it on my version (4.5)
2 - Yes but that's probably what you want, if you need it just as far as 525 then release the groundframe first
3 - this looks like a genuine bug, I've raised it on the tracker as 15598

Log in to reply
Minor problems with Largs Pseudo Old 20/08/2016 at 14:12 #84184
trolleybus
Avatar
100 posts
I had 4.3, which I only downloaded a few days ago. Perhaps I hadn't checked for updates, as when I did the only update offered was Paisley 4.5. As you say, the R label is now there.

As to no. 2, are you saying the behaviour is prototypical? I can't think of anywhere else where setting a route causes the automatic setting of the route in advance. I became aware of this situation when a freight for Fairlie ran almost all the way to Largs station before I realised that 1) a controlled signal had cleared without my having told it to; and 2) the freight driver had accepted the route and passed his/her destination without a second thought.

Log in to reply
Minor problems with Largs Pseudo Old 20/08/2016 at 16:28 #84185
Sacro
Avatar
1080 posts
" said:
I had 4.3, which I only downloaded a few days ago. Perhaps I hadn't checked for updates, as when I did the only update offered was Paisley 4.5. As you say, the R label is now there.

As to no. 2, are you saying the behaviour is prototypical? I can't think of anywhere else where setting a route causes the automatic setting of the route in advance. I became aware of this situation when a freight for Fairlie ran almost all the way to Largs station before I realised that 1) a controlled signal had cleared without my having told it to; and 2) the freight driver had accepted the route and passed his/her destination without a second thought.
I'm unsure of the area but I can't imagine it was added without it being prototypical, hopefully Peter will see this thread and comment. As for the lack of wrong route coding, that probably is a bug. Raised as 15599

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: trolleybus
Minor problems with Largs Pseudo Old 20/08/2016 at 18:12 #84187
Peter Bennet
Avatar
4895 posts
2- Should be conditional on the auto button being active (fixed).
3- There's no PL on signal PH525 head which is nearly 2 miles from the frame, so I doubt the GF would control the aspect and no exit button on the panel. If I recall correctly you should simply set the route to PH533 and the train should stop at the GF.

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Log in to reply
Minor problems with Largs Pseudo Old 20/08/2016 at 18:46 #84188
Sacro
Avatar
1080 posts
Looking at a picture of the panel there's a collar over a button at both sidings, suggesting an entry/exit button is provided.

Your own photo is clearer, looks like you're missing catch points on both sidings too.

I'm not sure why there's no shunt signal provided.

Last edited: 20/08/2016 at 18:52 by Sacro
Log in to reply
Minor problems with Largs Pseudo Old 20/08/2016 at 18:52 #84189
headshot119
Avatar
3941 posts
Online
" said:
Looking at a picture of the panel there's a collar over a button at both sidings, suggesting an entry/exit button is provided.

Your own photo is clearer, looks like you're missing catch points on both sidings too.

I'm not sure why there's no shunt signal provided.
Or if you actually took the time to look and study the photo you'd notice they where the ground frame releases...

"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
Minor problems with Largs Pseudo Old 20/08/2016 at 18:55 #84190
Sacro
Avatar
1080 posts
" said:

Or if you actually took the time to look and study the photo you'd notice they where the ground frame releases...
Ah ok, I can't see where that's said, though I guess there'd be a second button for a route. I wonder if then they set the route towards Largs once the frame is release, I know that happens at other locations.

Log in to reply
Minor problems with Largs Pseudo Old 20/08/2016 at 21:23 #84192
Peter Bennet
Avatar
4895 posts
" said:

As to no. 2, are you saying the behaviour is prototypical? I can't think of anywhere else where setting a route causes the automatic setting of the route in advance. I became aware of this situation when a freight for Fairlie ran almost all the way to Largs station before I realised that 1) a controlled signal had cleared without my having told it to; and 2) the freight driver had accepted the route and passed his/her destination without a second thought.
Are you sure, did it get to PH533? If the train is booked to go to the siding then it should stop at the GF and the driver phone-in: does for me. Or was it that it just looked like it had gone too far because it's shown as a single TC?

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Log in to reply
Minor problems with Largs Pseudo Old 21/08/2016 at 19:37 #84206
trolleybus
Avatar
100 posts
No, I'm not certain. I had a few problems at the time and was running at the slowest sim speed, with a screenload of unanswered phone calls. However the train had passed Hunterston a long time age, and was still moving.
Log in to reply