Upcoming Games

Upcoming Events

Manchester East

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Manchester East > Manchester East

Page 3 of 3

Manchester East 08/04/2018 at 10:23 #107376
Phil-jmw
Avatar
189 posts
Online
Similar to trains that don't call up ready after reversing at Guide Bridge Up & Dn Loop, here is another example of drivers waiting patiently without ringing in, this time at Ashburys West. I have 6H43 0746 Pendleton - Tunstead stood at AS894 Sig on the Dn Ashburys. He arrived 18 mins early and so I held him to await his booked path. However, I misread the TT and thought he was due to depart Ashburys at 0846, but he is actually booked dep 0836. Since 6H43 CTAS at AS894 I have received no phone call from the driver, not even after I have delayed him by 10 mins.


Regards,

Phil.

Log in to reply
Manchester East 08/04/2018 at 10:38 #107377
MarkC
Avatar
629 posts
Online
Muzer in post 107375 said:
When a reporting number is in the GB858 TD berth (signal protecting the up line through Flowery Field and Newton for Hyde), and a route is set from GB969, the TD steps all the way to AS949 (protecting the Ashburys junction)!

EDIT: And now (after a train having arrived in the Up and Down Loop) AS947 has just gone red for no apparent reason... This is an odd one!
Confirmed have reported Mantis #0020099

Log in to reply
Manchester East 08/04/2018 at 11:12 #107381
Steamer
Avatar
2668 posts
Online
Phil-jmw in post 107374 said:
I've just encountered what appears a flank protection error at Stalybridge. With a route set from SE7023 Dn Ashton - Pfm 5 it is not possible to set a route from SE7042 Pfm 3 - SE7022 Up Ashton. I've attached a save. A 'Points locked reverse by another route message' is received.

Edit:- 1020 points on the Down Huddersfield are the culprit.

Edit #2:- Having studied it more closely I can now see how flank protection is provided for that route from Pfm.4 so maybe it's not an error after all. It just looked odd when I first tried to set the route.

Regards,

Phil.
See the manual- this is as per the real thing, although no-one seems to know the reason behind it!

Let the challenge... Begin!
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Phil-jmw
Manchester East 08/04/2018 at 11:43 #107382
Phil-jmw
Avatar
189 posts
Online
Steamer in post 107381 said:
Phil-jmw in post 107374 said:
I've just encountered what appears a flank protection error at Stalybridge. With a route set from SE7023 Dn Ashton - Pfm 5 it is not possible to set a route from SE7042 Pfm 3 - SE7022 Up Ashton. I've attached a save. A 'Points locked reverse by another route message' is received.

Edit:- 1020 points on the Down Huddersfield are the culprit.

Edit #2:- Having studied it more closely I can now see how flank protection is provided for that route from Pfm.4 so maybe it's not an error after all. It just looked odd when I first tried to set the route.

Regards,

Phil.
See the manual- this is as per the real thing, although no-one seems to know the reason behind it!
I did read the manual when I first bought the sim but that little detail didn't stick in my mind, and I didn't think to look it up in the manual just now as not every flank protection in every sim is listed in every manual. You're right though Steamer, very often people are left scratching their heads as to why some things are locked/flank protected the way they are.

Regards,

Phil.

Log in to reply
Manchester East 08/04/2018 at 11:43 #107383
pedroathome
Avatar
367 posts
Online
MarkC in post 107377 said:
Muzer in post 107375 said:
When a reporting number is in the GB858 TD berth (signal protecting the up line through Flowery Field and Newton for Hyde), and a route is set from GB969, the TD steps all the way to AS949 (protecting the Ashburys junction)!

EDIT: And now (after a train having arrived in the Up and Down Loop) AS947 has just gone red for no apparent reason... This is an odd one!
Confirmed have reported Mantis #0020099
Now fixed,and will be in version 1.4.

James

Log in to reply
Manchester East 08/04/2018 at 20:33 #107406
whatlep
Avatar
117 posts
Could one of the SimSig team please advise which of the issues raised in this thread are deemed fixed in the latest update of M/cr East (V1.3 if I'm reading things correctly)? Thanks in advance.
Last edited: 08/04/2018 at 20:34 by whatlep
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Manchester East 08/04/2018 at 21:05 #107407
pedroathome
Avatar
367 posts
Online
whatlep in post 107406 said:
Could one of the SimSig team please advise which of the issues raised in this thread are deemed fixed in the latest update of M/cr East (V1.3 if I'm reading things correctly)? Thanks in advance.
Bar one or two issues, all are resolved when mentioned. Ive attatched a change log for versions since the initial release.

Manchester East - 1.4 (Not Yet Released) [ View Issues ]
========================================
- 0020081: [Bug] Ashburys Though Sidings entry and routing to Ashburys SS (Pedroathome) - resolved.
- 0020099: [Bug] TD stepping to wrong location and signal reverting to red from wrong TS (Pedroathome) - resolved.

[2 issues]

Manchester East - 1.2 [ View Issues ]
========================================
- 0020067: [Bug] Missing path, Autochem siding to Guide Bridge (Pedroathome) - resolved.
- 0020066: [Bug] Autochem siding wrong route code (Pedroathome) - resolved.
- 0020065: [Bug] Stalybridge SE7035 (Rev)- location missing (Pedroathome) - resolved.
- 0020051: [Suggestion] Incease clickable area of AMN2 (Pedroathome) - closed.
- 0020064: [Bug] Woodley: Up Trains via SRJ34 (Pedroathome) - closed.

[5 issues]

Manchester East - 1.1 [ View Issues ]
===========================================
- 0020055: [Bug] Wrong route code incorrect (Pedroathome) - closed.

Please note that this change log does not include all fixes as some were fixed from forum reports, not going via mantis

Please note, I am just holding off a day or two for version 1.4 in case any more issues are raised.

James

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: whatlep
Manchester East 08/04/2018 at 22:40 #107412
jc92
Avatar
2252 posts
James,

I raised it before but I think it was overlooked. Hadfield Station is on the wrong side of the Line in the sim. it should be the Up platform (bottom on the sim) that is still in use.

Log in to reply
Manchester East 08/04/2018 at 22:45 #107413
pedroathome
Avatar
367 posts
Online
jc92 in post 107412 said:
James,

I raised it before but I think it was overlooked. Hadfield Station is on the wrong side of the Line in the sim. it should be the Up platform (bottom on the sim) that is still in use.
I have re-positioned the station for 1.4. And yes, I had missed your previous comment sorry

James

Log in to reply
Manchester East 09/04/2018 at 10:02 #107421
Splodge
Avatar
303 posts
Just to confirm (I did two Hadfield trips yesterday AND got to operate the plunger at GB867 :/), GB848 on the Down Huddersfield does have a banner repeater though it doesn't show on the 2016 photos of the Manchester East panel on signalling.org; it may be a recent addition since the yard sees more trains stabled there which block the view.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Log in to reply
Manchester East 09/04/2018 at 12:16 #107425
Giantray
Avatar
146 posts
Giantray in post 107292 said:
0H81 from New Mills central to Guide Bridge Yard. ran it booked route to Hyde Jn, then because of traffic ran it into the Up & Dn Loop and into platform 2 at Guide Bridge. I then set the route into Guide Bridge Yard. Not sure when it happened, but 0H81 number ended up in Platform 1 at Guide Bridge in the Up Direction. See attachment.
[attachment=9446]0H81 at Guide Bridge.jpg[/attachment]
Did anyone notice this post I posted earlier on?

Log in to reply
Manchester East 09/04/2018 at 13:52 #107426
pedroathome
Avatar
367 posts
Online
Giantray in post 107425 said:
Giantray in post 107292 said:
0H81 from New Mills central to Guide Bridge Yard. ran it booked route to Hyde Jn, then because of traffic ran it into the Up & Dn Loop and into platform 2 at Guide Bridge. I then set the route into Guide Bridge Yard. Not sure when it happened, but 0H81 number ended up in Platform 1 at Guide Bridge in the Up Direction. See attachment.
[attachment=9446]0H81 at Guide Bridge.jpg[/attachment]
Did anyone notice this post I posted earlier on?
I have fixed this. Cant tell you top of my head if its in the released 1.3 or the upcoming 1.4

James


====
EDIT
====
It is fixed in the upcoming 1.4

Last edited: 09/04/2018 at 13:54 by pedroathome
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Giantray
Manchester East 11/04/2018 at 16:03 #107461
whatlep
Avatar
117 posts
I think paths may be missing between Guide Bridge Avenue Sidings (both 1 & 2) and Guide Bridge station (both platforms 1 & 2. Haven't tried the reverse direction as yet.
Log in to reply
Manchester East 11/04/2018 at 16:31 #107462
MarkC
Avatar
629 posts
Online
whatlep in post 107461 said:
I think paths may be missing between Guide Bridge Avenue Sidings (both 1 & 2) and Guide Bridge station (both platforms 1 & 2. Haven't tried the reverse direction as yet.
Paths out of Ave sdgs to Guide Bridge are in if you have Avenue Sidings as an entry then next location of Guide bridge.

For Guide Bridge to Avenue sidings you need Guide Bridge then Guide Bridge Rev 977 Rev (Path to this location currently does not exist from Guide Bridge) then Guide Bridge GB978 Rev then Avenue Sidings.

Mantis report (#0020127) for No path from Guide Bridge to Guide Bridge GB977 Rev

Last edited: 11/04/2018 at 16:33 by MarkC
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Manchester East 11/04/2018 at 17:56 #107463
pedroathome
Avatar
367 posts
Online
MarkC in post 107462 said:
whatlep in post 107461 said:
I think paths may be missing between Guide Bridge Avenue Sidings (both 1 & 2) and Guide Bridge station (both platforms 1 & 2. Haven't tried the reverse direction as yet.
Paths out of Ave sdgs to Guide Bridge are in if you have Avenue Sidings as an entry then next location of Guide bridge.

For Guide Bridge to Avenue sidings you need Guide Bridge then Guide Bridge Rev 977 Rev (Path to this location currently does not exist from Guide Bridge) then Guide Bridge GB978 Rev then Avenue Sidings.

Mantis report (#0020127) for No path from Guide Bridge to Guide Bridge GB977 Rev
Fixed for version 1.4.

James

Log in to reply
Manchester East 11/04/2018 at 18:22 #107464
whatlep
Avatar
117 posts
MarkC in post 107462 said:
whatlep in post 107461 said:
I think paths may be missing between Guide Bridge Avenue Sidings (both 1 & 2) and Guide Bridge station (both platforms 1 & 2. Haven't tried the reverse direction as yet.
Paths out of Ave sdgs to Guide Bridge are in if you have Avenue Sidings as an entry then next location of Guide bridge.

Checked and still getting an error message "0Z00 reverses at Guide Bridge but has passing time ticked" when I specify Avenue Sidings as entry point and timetable is checked for errors. Issue does not occur if Brookside or Yard are used for entry. Please see 0Z00TO-1447 and 0Z00THO-1447 in attached draft WTT file.

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
Manchester East 14/04/2018 at 21:53 #107522
Oddjob
Avatar
100 posts
This video may be of interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUqEEHq14Ko

Log in to reply
Manchester East 15/04/2018 at 21:19 #107537
tjtbcork
Avatar
25 posts
Hattersley to Broadbottom in 2 sec!
Impressive!

Bug?


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
Manchester East 15/04/2018 at 21:22 #107538
Steamer
Avatar
2668 posts
Online
Ashton Moss North box closed on Friday night; the area is being transferred to Manchester ROC. The line is also being re-aligned through the area, over the space formerly occupied by the signal box. The line is due to re-open on Monday 30th April.

Some photos of the semaphores being removed: https://twitter.com/TheGNRP/status/985126175428304896

Let the challenge... Begin!
Log in to reply
Manchester East 15/04/2018 at 21:54 #107541
pedroathome
Avatar
367 posts
Online
tjtbcork in post 107537 said:
Hattersley to Broadbottom in 2 sec!
Impressive!

Bug?

Eerm, yea, good spot. I shall take a look at this one tomorrow. I can see the immediate issue but will need to re calculate the stopping point.

I have logged for further investigation #20158

James

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: tjtbcork
Manchester East 15/04/2018 at 23:57 #107542
Splodge
Avatar
303 posts
tjtbcork in post 107537 said:
Hattersley to Broadbottom in 2 sec!
Impressive!

Bug?

Drivers last bit

There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Log in to reply
Manchester East 16/04/2018 at 01:10 #107546
whatlep
Avatar
117 posts
Has a path been set up via GB969 (subsidiary on the Hadfield line at Hyde Jn) to permit run-rounds in the U&D loop east of Guide Bridge? If so, can the key locations be clarified please? If not, is it possible to do so?

Many thanks

Log in to reply
Manchester East 16/04/2018 at 14:07 #107561
Steamer
Avatar
2668 posts
Online
Location appears to be missing (Mantis #20163).
Let the challenge... Begin!
Log in to reply