Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Timetable Help

You are here: Home > Forum > General > General questions, comments, and issues > Timetable Help

Page 1 of 1

Timetable Help 20/04/2019 at 15:05 #117752
dauntless
Avatar
6 posts
Afternoon all,

i have downloaded the exeter time tables today, but they wont show up on the loader for exeter.
Any idea what this dullard here is doing wrong or where the files should be for loader to find them please?

Kind regards

Log in to reply
Timetable Help 20/04/2019 at 15:09 #117753
MarkC
Avatar
829 posts
Online
dauntless in post 117752 said:
Afternoon all,

i have downloaded the exeter time tables today, but they wont show up on the loader for exeter.
Any idea what this dullard here is doing wrong or where the files should be for loader to find them please?

Kind regards
If they are of the WTT and WTR format the this Guide may help

It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Log in to reply
Timetable Help 20/04/2019 at 15:22 #117754
dauntless
Avatar
6 posts
Thank you mark c.

still didn't work for me as per the link. i just updated the loader and it says exeter not compatible

regards

Log in to reply
Timetable Help 20/04/2019 at 15:34 #117755
MarkC
Avatar
829 posts
Online
dauntless in post 117754 said:
Thank you mark c.

still didn't work for me as per the link. i just updated the loader and it says exeter not compatible

regards
What version of Exeter are you using?

It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Log in to reply
Timetable Help 20/04/2019 at 15:35 #117756
dauntless
Avatar
6 posts
im not sure to be honest, as ive been using the loader option.

regards

Log in to reply
Timetable Help 20/04/2019 at 15:41 #117757
MarkC
Avatar
829 posts
Online
dauntless in post 117756 said:
im not sure to be honest, as ive been using the loader option.

regards
If you start the loader bottom left of that screen it should give a version number of what loader you are using and on the sim selection screen select Exeter and in the description box it should say what version it is. or alternatly start Exeter and select help about and post what the loader and sim version is please?

It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Log in to reply
Timetable Help 20/04/2019 at 15:43 #117758
dauntless
Avatar
6 posts
Hi Mark,

bottom left of loader is v4.11

exeter is v5.3

regards

Log in to reply
Timetable Help 20/04/2019 at 15:46 #117759
MarkC
Avatar
829 posts
Online
What folder are you placing the downloaded timetables in?
It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Log in to reply
Timetable Help 20/04/2019 at 15:47 #117760
dauntless
Avatar
6 posts
Hi Mark, it all appears to be working now

thank you for your help.

regards
andy

Log in to reply
Timetable Help 20/04/2019 at 15:51 #117761
MarkC
Avatar
829 posts
Online
What happened or changed for it to now be working? This may provide others with answers that experiance similar problems
It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Log in to reply
Timetable Help 20/04/2019 at 15:59 #117762
dauntless
Avatar
6 posts
i did the second option of the link you sent, closed loader down and then reopend and then they all showed

regards

Andy

Log in to reply
Timetable Help 20/04/2019 at 18:49 #117766
Ray
Avatar
156 posts
Wouldnt be a good idea if all new timetables could simply be saved to the loader at the correct place. When loader was first invented I thought it would have done that. Now every time a timetable appears on the website I have to relearn the process by locating the correct file address to drop the timetable into.
Last edited: 20/04/2019 at 18:49 by Ray
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Timetable Help 20/04/2019 at 19:10 #117767
MarkC
Avatar
829 posts
Online
Ray in post 117766 said:
Wouldnt be a good idea if all new timetables could simply be saved to the loader at the correct place. When loader was first invented I thought it would have done that. Now every time a timetable appears on the website I have to relearn the process by locating the correct file address to drop the timetable into.
In theroy yes but the ones that are downloaded via the loader tend to be whats bundled with the sim upon release, the ones from the download section are user created that they have decided to share with others.

It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Log in to reply
Timetable Help 20/04/2019 at 20:22 #117769
Dick
Avatar
234 posts
Ray in post 117766 said:
Wouldnt be a good idea if all new timetables could simply be saved to the loader at the correct place. When loader was first invented I thought it would have done that. Now every time a timetable appears on the website I have to relearn the process by locating the correct file address to drop the timetable into.
Not exactly rocket science to put a file in the correct folder.

Log in to reply
Timetable Help 21/04/2019 at 15:20 #117779
Ray
Avatar
156 posts
Sorry but the position of the simsig files isnt exactly intuitive. If it was in simsig/timetables/..... then easy, but its in some obscure location which I have to try and remember. Then again the non-loader timetables are in a different location and that only adds to the confusion.
Log in to reply
Timetable Help 21/04/2019 at 15:22 #117780
postal
Avatar
3711 posts
Ray in post 117779 said:
Sorry but the position of the simsig files isnt exactly intuitive. If it was in simsig/timetables/..... then easy, but its in some obscure location which I have to try and remember. Then again the non-loader timetables are in a different location and that only adds to the confusion.
Nobody said it was intuitive. However, once you have done it once it shouldn't be a penny-dreadful melodrama to remember how to do it next time (particularly as the location is documented on this Wiki page under the Adding Timetables heading).

"Early to rise and early to bed make a man healthy, wealthy and dead." - James Thurber (08/12/1894 - 02/11/1961), American writer and cartoonist,
Last edited: 21/04/2019 at 15:26 by postal
Reason: None given

Log in to reply