Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

BHM NS Issues

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Birmingham New Street > BHM NS Issues

Page 1 of 1

BHM NS Issues 17/08/2019 at 13:09 #120093
Rossy
Avatar
4 posts
I've been playing the BHM NS Sim (2001 Onwards) for a while now and have come across some issues.

1) Even after selecting 'Track Section Failure' to 'None' I still receive it. To add the more annoyance, After the Technician has fixed the area, the TSF still sticks and then is there for the rest of the sim.

2) 2W05, 07:44 Arrival, return works a 14:31 Departure

3) Four Oaks/Lichfield Trains don't return for up to 5 hours.

It's just some Issues I've had, could anyone advise on what to do about these? Or if a possible fix is due?

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
BHM NS Issues 17/08/2019 at 13:49 #120097
y10g9
Avatar
637 posts
Online
For number 2, 2W05 has the wrong 2N75 selected for the New Activity. He should form the 2N75(P41729) 07:56 Birmingham New Street - Lichfield City (LM 3/323) Service. The 2N75 service that jas been selected is 2N75(P41727) 14:14 Lichfield City - Longbridge (LM 3/323). If you go into F2, Edit Timetable for 2W05, Double click New Street in the list, Double click where it says next train 2N75/P41727, and change the Train ID or $UID box to $p41729 (just changing the last 7 to a 9). Click on all the OKs and you'll get a message saying driver been told of amended TT and the service will form the correct service

Edit
Was reported on Mantis as 22277, marked as resolved but doesn't seem to have been released

Last edited: 17/08/2019 at 13:54 by y10g9
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
BHM NS Issues 17/08/2019 at 17:30 #120108
Hap
Avatar
434 posts
For number 3. It's known amongst other users of the sim and myself that this has happened, though I can't see report on Mantis for it, and haven't really pinpointed the cause of it.

Are you running with delays on? There are rules in the TT for X City trains.

One idea I had, though I could be miles off, is that there could be an error with one of the rules or train as I know a couple enter on the wrong TT. (PM rather than AM)

Going to look into it more tonight.

Craig

HAP
Log in to reply
BHM NS Issues 17/08/2019 at 18:50 #120109
MarkC
Avatar
946 posts
Rossy in post 120093 said:
I've been playing the BHM NS Sim (2001 Onwards) for a while now and have come across some issues.

1) Even after selecting 'Track Section Failure' to 'None' I still receive it. To add the more annoyance, After the Technician has fixed the area, the TSF still sticks and then is there for the rest of the sim.

Do you have another save or saves from earlier (from after 0621 and before 0711)?

Did you use the F11 Incident control panel at anytime?

2020. The year your bin goes out more than you do
Last edited: 17/08/2019 at 18:55 by MarkC
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
BHM NS Issues 28/06/2020 at 16:12 #128420
lazlo52
Avatar
54 posts
New issue just appeared I believe as not happened to me before, unable to route from NS312 signal to SB1 for trains returning to Soho Depot.
Log in to reply
BHM NS Issues 28/06/2020 at 18:31 #128432
UKTrainMan
Avatar
1719 posts
lazlo52 in post 128420 said:
New issue just appeared I believe as not happened to me before, unable to route from NS312 signal to SB1 for trains returning to Soho Depot.
You need to start that route from the 'highlighted' red arrow next to signal NS312, as seen in this attached heavily cropped screenshot.


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
“We are a society that treats people with disabilities with condescension and pity, not dignity and respect.” ― Stella Young
Last edited: 29/06/2020 at 16:09 by UKTrainMan
Reason: better wording

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: lazlo52
BHM NS Issues 13/07/2020 at 02:55 #129531
Woodhead Signalman
Avatar
62 posts
Hi Guys, I don't know if this has been brought up before, but it seems to be relatively new. Since the advent of loader 5.3 which is running fine with most sims, I have noticed tonight that the outer edges of New St signalling centre area has been 'cut off' IE I am unable to see or click on the controlling signal off the Four Oaks branch and I also cannot see the outer edge towards Wolverhampton and where the passing loops start and end, and also i cannot see the southern end of the Stour line beyond International. It is as though under the effects of the new loader that it has changed the resolution of the controlled area. Could someone please look into this and address this issue with a patch perhaps? Thanks a lot. Alan.
Last edited: 13/07/2020 at 02:56 by Woodhead Signalman
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
BHM NS Issues 13/07/2020 at 05:06 #129532
JamesN
Avatar
1251 posts
Online
Woodhead Signalman in post 129531 said:
Hi Guys, I don't know if this has been brought up before, but it seems to be relatively new. Since the advent of loader 5.3 which is running fine with most sims, I have noticed tonight that the outer edges of New St signalling centre area has been 'cut off' IE I am unable to see or click on the controlling signal off the Four Oaks branch and I also cannot see the outer edge towards Wolverhampton and where the passing loops start and end, and also i cannot see the southern end of the Stour line beyond International. It is as though under the effects of the new loader that it has changed the resolution of the controlled area. Could someone please look into this and address this issue with a patch perhaps? Thanks a lot. Alan.
Alan,

The updated sim has changed the resolution of the controlled area - I suspect you're attempting to open a pre-V5 save into V5. It is a case where the warning that the save may be incompatible when doing so really does mean it unfortunately.

I have still logged the issue in mantis our internal tracker system, but the likelihood is that it won't be fixable unfortunately.

Last edited: 13/07/2020 at 05:11 by JamesN
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Woodhead Signalman
BHM NS Issues 13/07/2020 at 11:53 #129543
Woodhead Signalman
Avatar
62 posts
Right, I'll just have to write that previous save off and start a new game then Thanks for your time and sorry that it is an incompatibility that I should have realised was the case
Log in to reply
BHM NS Issues 13/07/2020 at 17:28 #129547
GeoffM
Avatar
5069 posts
Online
Woodhead Signalman in post 129543 said:
Right, I'll just have to write that previous save off and start a new game then Thanks for your time and sorry that it is an incompatibility that I should have realised was the case :)
I can't check right now but it may be that the width and height are stored in the save file. With a bit of hand editing (carefully), it may be possible to correct it. I wouldn't normally condone such a thing though....

SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
BHM NS Issues 13/07/2020 at 18:09 #129548
JamesN
Avatar
1251 posts
Online
GeoffM in post 129547 said:
Woodhead Signalman in post 129543 said:
Right, I'll just have to write that previous save off and start a new game then Thanks for your time and sorry that it is an incompatibility that I should have realised was the case :)
I can't check right now but it may be that the width and height are stored in the save file. With a bit of hand editing (carefully), it may be possible to correct it. I wouldn't normally condone such a thing though....
They are, however I can't get a save edited in this way to load - although that may be down to the re-zipping process rather than the edit itself.

If someone more adept at editing save files is happy to chime in, the magic numbers for width and height are 651 and 59 respectively.

There may still be other incompatibilities beyond the sim height/width issue.

Last edited: 13/07/2020 at 18:10 by JamesN
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
BHM NS Issues 13/07/2020 at 18:36 #129549
GeoffM
Avatar
5069 posts
Online
JamesN in post 129548 said:
There may still be other incompatibilities beyond the sim height/width issue.
D'oh, the sim name didn't register when I posted that. This sim is the one that had intensive surgery to correct a number of inaccuracies. See Clive's post here for a good explanation.

SimSig Boss
Last edited: 13/07/2020 at 18:36 by GeoffM
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
BHM NS Issues 13/07/2020 at 19:44 #129550
Tempest Malice
Avatar
88 posts
Online
JamesN in post 129548 said:
They are, however I can't get a save edited in this way to load - although that may be down to the re-zipping process rather than the edit itself.

If someone more adept at editing save files is happy to chime in, the magic numbers for width and height are 651 and 59 respectively.

There may still be other incompatibilities beyond the sim height/width issue.
For the re-zipping process, I imagine the issue will be that when you unzip you get a folder containing the files, but when re-zipping you just want the files contained within, and not the folder containing them.

But yes in this case there are other incompatibilities which would lead me to definitely not advise doing it if you aren't prepared to live with a probably still rather broken save file (or more work to fix it further). Other Issues I had to fix in my new street save was a moving a train off of the the old/new versions of the changed track circuits in platform 9 (where the signal has been moved to be correctly over the points) And some saved data for every signal needed re-jigging to get TORR re-enabled (this fix being a couple of weeks ago I have forgotten exactly what I changed) . Whilst I've got all this working to my satisfaction in my save I wouldn't suggest anyone who doesn't already have some idea what they are doing to try it.

Last edited: 13/07/2020 at 19:44 by Tempest Malice
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: JamesN
BHM NS Issues 25/07/2020 at 11:09 #129952
Banners88
Avatar
83 posts
Some issues I've found since loader update:

1. Trains which will fit with the mid section signal calling on won't accept routes even thought they fit. Maybe an option to take route anyway?

2. Unable to interpose TD at NS166 (9A).

3. NS168 train has passed and returns to red but then steps up to yellow without signaller action.

4. Not sure if this is a loader update but NS TRTS shows as the same place on the platform even if the train is due to depart from the other end. Believe NS TRTS has option to show the signaller which end the train is due to depart from? Unsure...

5. A and F routes now shown as triangle rather than circle, not sure if this matters...

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
BHM NS Issues 25/07/2020 at 19:27 #129961
y10g9
Avatar
637 posts
Online
Banners88 in post 129952 said:
Some issues I've found since loader update:

1. Trains which will fit with the mid section signal calling on won't accept routes even thought they fit. Maybe an option to take route anyway?

Have you got an example of a train that does this? I've tried calling 5V03 (213m) into P10 with a random 200m train sat at the P10B starter and hanging over into P10A and he happily took the route. Are you setting the call on as Main Signal to Red Triangle?

Quote:
2. Unable to interpose TD at NS166 (9A).

I agree, Mantis 31218

Quote:
3. NS168 train has passed and returns to red but then steps up to yellow without signaller action.

Currently can't reproduce this currently. Are you running with TORR on or off, and which signal did you have it set towards, 171 in P7, 167 in P8, or happened with both?

Quote:
4. Not sure if this is a loader update but NS TRTS shows as the same place on the platform even if the train is due to depart from the other end. Believe NS TRTS has option to show the signaller which end the train is due to depart from? Unsure...

This is the same behaviour as the last release of the sim prior to Sim Verions 5 being released. Have you got any photos?

Quote:
5. A and F routes now shown as triangle rather than circle, not sure if this matters...

Normally this would indicate that the via button is only needed for a route going in that direction, however this appears to not be the case here. Mantis 31219

Log in to reply
BHM NS Issues 26/07/2020 at 21:44 #129988
Banners88
Avatar
83 posts
1. I will double check and confirm. Unfortunately I didn't make a note, think it was random circumstance on late running etc.

3. It also happens at 8A NS170 to NS167 (2L00 and 5P10 example), 5A NS176 to NS175 (2H09 and 2W00 example), TORR on.

4. 6B trains heading for Wolves TRTS NS195 activates suggesting an UP direction departure (1F31 example), similarly 3A NS198 activates TRTS suggesting the same.

Log in to reply
BHM NS Issues 26/07/2020 at 22:03 #129989
Steamer
Avatar
3258 posts
Online
Banners88 in post 129988 said:

4. 6B trains heading for Wolves TRTS NS195 activates suggesting an UP direction departure (1F31 example), similarly 3A NS198 activates TRTS suggesting the same.
Per the manual:

TRTS indicators are provided for each half of each platform at Birmingham New Street. The indicators do not indicate direction unlike most TRTS indicators so read the train's timetable to determine which direction it is going in.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Banners88