Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

Three Bridges SX 2019 01 09

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Timetables > Three Bridges > Three Bridges SX 2019 01 09

Page 1 of 1

Three Bridges SX 2019 01 09 09/10/2019 at 18:02 #120856
headshot119
Avatar
3296 posts
Online
Three Bridges SX 2019 01 09

This thread is for discussion of the Three Bridges SX 2019 01 09 timetable.

"CHECK Do you stop at Capenhurst?" - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
Three Bridges SX 2019 01 09 10/10/2019 at 13:13 #120876
Hilton Junction
Avatar
6 posts
Firstly I'll apologise if this should have been a stand alone thread.

I'm running the 2019 timetable & have train 6O47 in P1 at Haywards Heath. The loco was signalled ahead of signal T345 per the timetable notes. The Light Engine has detached & is in the spur waiting to run round & re-couple.

Hopefully my save has attached correctly & you will be able to see that I cannot set the route for the engine to run round due to the track remaining set from signal T345 across the points giving access to Down Siding South. I manually cancelled the route from T345 but the track will not drop out to allow me to shunt the engine. I've run the sim forward to 04:37 & the track still will not drop out.

Am I doing something wrong or will this need a fix?

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
Three Bridges SX 2019 01 09 10/10/2019 at 13:20 #120877
Edgemaster
Avatar
216 posts
Online
Hilton Junction in post 120876 said:
Firstly I'll apologise if this should have been a stand alone thread.

I'm running the 2019 timetable & have train 6O47 in P1 at Haywards Heath. The loco was signalled ahead of signal T345 per the timetable notes. The Light Engine has detached & is in the spur waiting to run round & re-couple.

Hopefully my save has attached correctly & you will be able to see that I cannot set the route for the engine to run round due to the track remaining set from signal T345 across the points giving access to Down Siding South. I manually cancelled the route from T345 but the track will not drop out to allow me to shunt the engine. I've run the sim forward to 04:37 & the track still will not drop out.

Am I doing something wrong or will this need a fix?
This has already been noted in another thread, the issue is with getting the train to stop in exactly the right place with the loco beyond the platform starter, and the wagons in the platform with enough space for the loco to rejoin at rear. It's a tight move in reality, but SimSig seems to have some variation between runs where the train exactly stops. Some fiddling is being done with the next version of the timetable and sim to ensure this happens reliably.

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Hilton Junction
Three Bridges SX 2019 01 09 Yesterday at 14:31 #120985
Phil-jmw
Avatar
386 posts
Online
I'm not sure if this is a timetable bug or a sim bug, but Lewes - Brighton trains schedules are not stepping beyond Falmer. I noticed this with 2L75 and 2C77 when the ECS's they were meant to form from Brighton to Lovers Walk became overdue and I noticed they hadn't made their booked attachments at Brighton because they were still showing at Falmer. I now have 5C75 approaching Brighton but still showing next location Falmer. I've attached a save.

Regards,

Phil.

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
Three Bridges SX 2019 01 09 Yesterday at 15:13 #120988
Meld
Avatar
601 posts
Phil-jmw in post 120985 said:
I'm not sure if this is a timetable bug or a sim bug, but Lewes - Brighton trains schedules are not stepping beyond Falmer. I noticed this with 2L75 and 2C77 when the ECS's they were meant to form from Brighton to Lovers Walk became overdue and I noticed they hadn't made their booked attachments at Brighton because they were still showing at Falmer. I now have 5C75 approaching Brighton but still showing next location Falmer. I've attached a save.

Regards,

Phil.
https://www.simsig.co.uk/Forum/ThreadView/50160?page=2 last few posts on this page - there was an update yesterday to correct this sim version 1.2

Log in to reply
Three Bridges SX 2019 01 09 Yesterday at 15:31 #120989
Phil-jmw
Avatar
386 posts
Online
Meld in post 120988 said:
Phil-jmw in post 120985 said:
I'm not sure if this is a timetable bug or a sim bug, but Lewes - Brighton trains schedules are not stepping beyond Falmer. I noticed this with 2L75 and 2C77 when the ECS's they were meant to form from Brighton to Lovers Walk became overdue and I noticed they hadn't made their booked attachments at Brighton because they were still showing at Falmer. I now have 5C75 approaching Brighton but still showing next location Falmer. I've attached a save.

Regards,

Phil.
https://www.simsig.co.uk/Forum/ThreadView/50160?page=2 last few posts on this page - there was an update yesterday to correct this sim version 1.2
Ah ok, thanks. I started a new sim yesterday afternoon after the Thursday/Friday update to V1.1 and that was still live on my PC. I didn't realise another update to sim version 2.2 had been issued later.

Regards,

Phil.

Log in to reply
Three Bridges SX 2019 01 09 Yesterday at 15:55 #120991
Phil-jmw
Avatar
386 posts
Online
I've just updated to sim v2.2, but I see that the 2019 TT has not been updated with the correct max train speeds for 3Q03, 3Q22 and 3Q25, which I mentioned in an earlier post shortly after the sim was released, link here :- https://www.simsig.co.uk/Forum/ThreadView/50171?postId=120768

These trains are Ultrasonic Test Units (UTU's) and having checked the diagrams these trains are recording throughout all or nearly all of their time in the sim (3Q22 has a couple of very short transits between recording runs) so the max train speed for all three trains (5 schedules in total) needs amending from 90mph to 30mph, which is the maximum safe speed for the ultrasonic roller search units. Much faster than that and the RSU tyres can shred and the RSU's become damaged, and they are expensive to replace. I've checked the timings and they all match the timings we work to for 30mph recording.

I'm not sure what the 1Qxx's are, but they can't be UTU's as they are described because UTU's do not run Cl.1. They are also shown formed of T&T 73's but UTU's rarely run like this, except where there are restrictions on 37's. We normally run with a 37 and DBSO. for these reasons I suspect they could be PLPR or track geometry trains, which can run at 90mph, not the 75mph shown in the TT.

Regards,

Phil.

Last edited: Yesterday at 16:03 by Phil-jmw
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Three Bridges SX 2019 01 09 Yesterday at 16:22 #120993
JamesN
Avatar
1103 posts
Online
If it’s 2009 would the 1Qxx workings be the Euroscout track recording DMU? I’m sure that’s what I had them down as in the 15th Oct 2009 VicC timetable...
Log in to reply
Three Bridges SX 2019 01 09 Yesterday at 16:26 #120995
Phil-jmw
Avatar
386 posts
Online
JamesN in post 120993 said:
If it’s 2009 would the 1Qxx workings be the Euroscout track recording DMU? I’m sure that’s what I had them down as in the 15th Oct 2009 VicC timetable...
This is the 2019 TT James.

Log in to reply
Three Bridges SX 2019 01 09 Yesterday at 16:38 #120996
JamesN
Avatar
1103 posts
Online
Phil-jmw in post 120995 said:
JamesN in post 120993 said:
If it’s 2009 would the 1Qxx workings be the Euroscout track recording DMU? I’m sure that’s what I had them down as in the 15th Oct 2009 VicC timetable...
This is the 2019 TT James.
Yes sorry I’m being thick. Too many early mornings!

Log in to reply