Duplication of train 2U06

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Birmingham New Street > Duplication of train 2U06

Page 1 of 1

Duplication of train 2U06 29/11/2019 at 20:31 #121997
bugsy
Avatar
570 posts
Online
Just a quickie.
Got to approximately 18:42 and noticed that I have two trains with the same Headcode (2U06) arriving at BNS from Kings Norton.
Looking at the timetable editor has revealed that the first of the two, 2U06 / P42803, had an entry time of 06:28½. The second is actually on time.
I therefore presume that it will be ok to delete 2U06 / P42803.

I doubt that a save is required, but let me know if it is.
...


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Log in to reply
Duplication of train 2U06 29/11/2019 at 20:41 #121998
MarkC
Avatar
888 posts
Please provide a save, It is always best to post a save when you report something
It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Log in to reply
Duplication of train 2U06 29/11/2019 at 20:46 #121999
postal
Avatar
3897 posts
Online
More to the point is what caused 2U06 / P42803 to enter at the wrong time. There is some sort of error (sim, TT or user) that has caused the entry. It would be good to find out so it can be corrected.

Do you have any earlier saves after 06:28 but before the entry of 2U06 / P42803. If so, we can check the TT to see if the train has been marked as entered. If it has not entered there is a possibility that a rule has been incorrectly set. Is the train also part of a related chain in which case have succeeding trains entered or is there a whole delayed chain waiting to follow on from 2U06 / P42803.

"No question is too stupid, there are just some stupid answers" - Dr. Michael Reece, 12/08/1927 - 03/06/2019. Electrical engineer and inventor
Log in to reply
Duplication of train 2U06 29/11/2019 at 21:06 #122000
bugsy
Avatar
570 posts
Online
MarkC in post 121998 said:
Please provide a save, It is always best to post a save when you report something
Ok. Attached is a save. Let me know if you require an earlier one

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Log in to reply
Duplication of train 2U06 29/11/2019 at 21:14 #122001
MarkC
Avatar
888 posts
Having looked at your save and the train involved 2U06/P42803 it looks like a rule has been set up incorrectly, this has been resolved for a future update to the TT
It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Log in to reply
Duplication of train 2U06 29/11/2019 at 21:37 #122005
bugsy
Avatar
570 posts
Online
MarkC in post 122001 said:
Having looked at your save and the train involved 2U06/P42803 it looks like a rule has been set up incorrectly, this has been resolved for a future update to the TT
Thanks for the feedback. Was I right to delete it on this occasion?

Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Log in to reply
Duplication of train 2U06 30/11/2019 at 09:51 #122011
bugsy
Avatar
570 posts
Online
postal in post 121999 said:
More to the point is what caused 2U06 / P42803 to enter at the wrong time. There is some sort of error (sim, TT or user) that has caused the entry. It would be good to find out so it can be corrected.

Do you have any earlier saves after 06:28 but before the entry of 2U06 / P42803. If so, we can check the TT to see if the train has been marked as entered. If it has not entered there is a possibility that a rule has been incorrectly set. Is the train also part of a related chain in which case have succeeding trains entered or is there a whole delayed chain waiting to follow on from 2U06 / P42803.
I have just checked and found that my save at 18:20 is before the entry of 2U06 / P42803 and which has only just appeared on the next save at 18:40

I also have all other saves at 10 minute intervals.

However, the 18:20 save is attached.

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Last edited: 30/11/2019 at 09:53 by bugsy
Reason: Addaed text

Log in to reply