Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Piccadilly 2020

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Timetables > Manchester Piccadilly > Piccadilly 2020

Page 2 of 2

Piccadilly 2020 09/07/2020 at 19:39 #129392
bnsf734
Avatar
52 posts
Online
Following on from yesterdays error with trains entering from Longsight onto the Goods Line towards Piccadilly.

Today I tried turning off all the ARS in Longsight and Piccadilly and still got the error, but if I did a fresh start without ARS then the error did not occur, so it would appear to be ARS related.

Calvin

Log in to reply
Piccadilly 2020 09/07/2020 at 21:19 #129396
sloppyjag
Avatar
476 posts
I was following this thread as I had also started running through the timetable with ARS switched on. I chose to save just before before 0359 and 5C31's entry at Longsight. It entered with no problems at all so not necessarily an ARS issue.

I include the save to compare with error save.

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Planotransitophobic!
Log in to reply
Piccadilly 2020 09/07/2020 at 21:50 #129401
Steamer
Avatar
3500 posts
Online
For some reason, the issue only appears to affect certain users- they can reproduce it every time, but others can't.

Meld- it isn't a TT issue; my 2017 TT validates fine, but still throws an error for certain users.

Mantis #31048 raised. Phil-jmw, bnsf734, could you let us know what OS you're running, and anything else that might be unusual about your machines? Just to see if there's anything in common?

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
Piccadilly 2020 09/07/2020 at 22:05 #129402
agilchrist
Avatar
255 posts
Steamer in post 129401 said:
For some reason, the issue only appears to affect certain users- they can reproduce it every time, but others can't.

Meld- it isn't a TT issue; my 2017 TT validates fine, but still throws an error for certain users.

Mantis #31048 raised. Phil-jmw, bnsf734, could you let us know what OS you're running, and anything else that might be unusual about your machines? Just to see if there's anything in common?
Think the point Meld was making has been missed.

Each individual schedule to use ARS around this area is best to validate the individual schedule as this inserts a load of line codes / locations automatically.
However even if you dont it still validates the TT overall but then when you use ARS it doesn't quite work properly.

I found this out a long time back with Edinburgh, the TT was fine but ARS wasn't quite working.

Log in to reply
Piccadilly 2020 09/07/2020 at 22:13 #129405
Steamer
Avatar
3500 posts
Online
agilchrist in post 129402 said:
Steamer in post 129401 said:
For some reason, the issue only appears to affect certain users- they can reproduce it every time, but others can't.

Meld- it isn't a TT issue; my 2017 TT validates fine, but still throws an error for certain users.

Mantis #31048 raised. Phil-jmw, bnsf734, could you let us know what OS you're running, and anything else that might be unusual about your machines? Just to see if there's anything in common?
Think the point Meld was making has been missed.

Each individual schedule to use ARS around this area is best to validate the individual schedule as this inserts a load of line codes / locations automatically.
However even if you dont it still validates the TT overall but then when you use ARS it doesn't quite work properly.

I found this out a long time back with Edinburgh, the TT was fine but ARS wasn't quite working.
I've set my options up to validate schedules each time the Editor is closed. For the train that was causing the issue in my 2017 TT, I've also just validated the schedule manually and then gone to run an Analysis to be absolutely certain. I therefore don't believe that an error by the TT writer is causing the bug.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
Piccadilly 2020 09/07/2020 at 23:50 #129407
Phil-jmw
Avatar
560 posts
Steamer in post 129401 said:
For some reason, the issue only appears to affect certain users- they can reproduce it every time, but others can't.

Meld- it isn't a TT issue; my 2017 TT validates fine, but still throws an error for certain users.

Mantis #31048 raised. Phil-jmw, bnsf734, could you let us know what OS you're running, and anything else that might be unusual about your machines? Just to see if there's anything in common?
My OS is Windows 7 64-bit. Just to add this is the first time I've ever had any issue with ARS in any sim.

Phil.

Log in to reply
Piccadilly 2020 10/07/2020 at 13:31 #129428
Splodge
Avatar
549 posts
Online
I've validated the MP77 entries - for a quick fix, make the Path at Longsight North '77'and Line 'GL' and it should work.

I'll run through and validate all the Longsight entries and re-release which should hopefully sort things!

(Incidentally, validation for all the Longsight MP7x entries puts the signal number in the Path for Longsight North which may be the issue).

There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Last edited: 10/07/2020 at 13:35 by Splodge
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: bnsf734
Piccadilly 2020 10/07/2020 at 22:13 #129447
bnsf734
Avatar
52 posts
Online
I am on Windows 10 with an HP laptop.

Incidentally I have made a start on a matching Manchester East timetable today which should chain to Piccadilly. I think I have all the information I need. The website CharlwoodHouse.co.uk has all the train running times available from 27 February so it should work out.

Calvin

Last edited: 11/07/2020 at 09:49 by bnsf734
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Piccadilly 2020 11/07/2020 at 09:26 #129465
bnsf734
Avatar
52 posts
Online
Splodge in post 129428 said:
I've validated the MP77 entries - for a quick fix, make the Path at Longsight North '77'and Line 'GL' and it should work.

I'll run through and validate all the Longsight entries and re-release which should hopefully sort things!

(Incidentally, validation for all the Longsight MP7x entries puts the signal number in the Path for Longsight North which may be the issue).
I've tried that this morning with Line GL and path 77 and got the error.

No error occurs with Line FL and path 77.

Timetable validates OK in both instances.

Calvin

Log in to reply
Piccadilly 2020 11/07/2020 at 13:45 #129469
Splodge
Avatar
549 posts
Online
Only issue with doing that is that ARS will route to the Fast Line, which is fairly unusual from Longsight for the majority of moves. Not a problem under user control as you can send things wherever you choose, but it could cause issues if ARS is sending stuff down the fast line, especially as some times from Longsight to Picc are fairly generous and so platforms may not be available on arrival.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Log in to reply
Piccadilly 2020 - Lockdown 2 13/11/2020 at 20:21 #133829
Splodge
Avatar
549 posts
Online
Well, being the glutton for punishment I am - I'm now creating a modified version of this to reflect operations during 'Lockdown 2'. On the face of it, this should be slightly easier than my original 2020 TT with fewer services, but with most operators running longer services it does introduce a few headaches in Piccadilly as platforming becomes a little more of a challenge.

It should see pressure reduced on certain junctions through the sim, which will at least allow the player to concentrate on the Piccadilly station and throat.

There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Log in to reply
The following users said thank you: HST125Scorton, bossman, StepSig
Piccadilly 2020 16/01/2021 at 00:24 #136439
IrishDave
Avatar
51 posts
A very minor bug to report with an otherwise excellent timetable...

6F34 has N@20 on its stop at Brindle Heath Loop - however, this means it stops a little bit too close to 514 signal. While 0F34 does fit once it's joined, while it's joining the loco just overhangs the previous track circuit. I suspect changing the stopping position to N@25 will solve everything...?

Many thanks to Splodge for putting together a very enjoyable timetable - I've been running a private game with some friends and we've all really enjoyed the absolute madness thanks to the level of service through Piccadilly!

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Splodge