Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

Performance Allowance

You are here: Home > Forum > General > Features wish list > Performance Allowance

Page 1 of 1

Performance Allowance 19/02/2020 at 20:38 #123348
9pN1SEAp
Avatar
296 posts
Hi,

A number of schedules use performance allowances, but currently this is not a facility visible or editable in the Timetable Editor. Should it be?

Thanks
Jamie

Jamie S (JAMS)
Log in to reply
Performance Allowance 19/02/2020 at 22:41 #123350
GeoffM
Avatar
4758 posts
9pN1SEAp in post 123348 said:
Hi,

A number of schedules use performance allowances, but currently this is not a facility visible or editable in the Timetable Editor. Should it be?

Thanks
Jamie
It may be useful for train planning purposes but IT systems I've seen just roll it into the engineering allowance, just as SimSig does.

SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
Performance Allowance 19/02/2020 at 23:12 #123351
DavidSplett
Avatar
34 posts
GeoffM in post 123350 said:
9pN1SEAp in post 123348 said:
Hi,

A number of schedules use performance allowances, but currently this is not a facility visible or editable in the Timetable Editor. Should it be?

Thanks
Jamie
It may be useful for train planning purposes but IT systems I've seen just roll it into the engineering allowance, just as SimSig does.

Does this mean I should be putting diamond time down as an engineering allowance in Simsig timetables? I’ve been tending to simply ignore it thusfar.

Last edited: 19/02/2020 at 23:12 by DavidSplett
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Performance Allowance 19/02/2020 at 23:47 #123353
GeoffM
Avatar
4758 posts
DavidSplett in post 123351 said:
GeoffM in post 123350 said:
9pN1SEAp in post 123348 said:
Hi,

A number of schedules use performance allowances, but currently this is not a facility visible or editable in the Timetable Editor. Should it be?

Thanks
Jamie
It may be useful for train planning purposes but IT systems I've seen just roll it into the engineering allowance, just as SimSig does.

Does this mean I should be putting diamond time down as an engineering allowance in Simsig timetables? I’ve been tending to simply ignore it thusfar.
You could but it wouldn't affect anything in SimSig. All these times are for is to identify why a train is scheduled to take longer between two timing points. Say you have three identical trains on plain line. Two take 10 minutes to get from A to B, while the third takes an extra 2 minutes. That 2 minutes should be accounted for by an engineering, performance, or pathing allowance (or combination thereof) - to indicate why this one train takes longer than the others. If the train performs well, and there are no TSRs, then theoretically it'll arrive at B about 2 minutes early.

Pathing allowance is indicated separately in SimSig for ARS purposes. It carries the value forward over untimed locations whereas engineering/performance is not (though I might have that back-to-front). It alters the prediction calculations, anyway.

SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: DavidSplett
Performance Allowance 20/02/2020 at 13:20 #123356
9pN1SEAp
Avatar
296 posts
I’ve seen quite a number of TTs (on RealTime Trains) which are using both Path and Performance, or Eng and Perf, on the same timing point. So for the TT I’m working on, I have shifted the Performance allowance to whichever of the other two hasn’t got an allowance already.
Jamie S (JAMS)
Log in to reply