Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Are trams now included?

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Victoria Central > Are trams now included?

Page 1 of 1

Are trams now included? 24/04/2020 at 12:45 #126246
bugsy
Avatar
1313 posts
DriverCurran in post 126245 said:
Just testing the 1990 mode, have disabled level crossings and the following crossings still have controls enabled

Dundonald Road
Merton Park
Beddington Lane

Paul
This post makes me think that trams will now be included in the sim. Am I correct or have I gone mad?

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
Are trams now included? 24/04/2020 at 12:51 #126247
jc92
Avatar
3456 posts
More likely a bug relating to them not being hidden in 90s mode. Does Victoria even control any of the tramlink? I'm sure it has its own centre.
"We don't stop camborne wednesdays"
Log in to reply
Are trams now included? 24/04/2020 at 12:57 #126248
TimTamToe
Avatar
638 posts
bugsy in post 126246 said:
DriverCurran in post 126245 said:
Just testing the 1990 mode, have disabled level crossings and the following crossings still have controls enabled

Dundonald Road
Merton Park
Beddington Lane

Paul
This post makes me think that trams will now be included in the sim. Am I correct or have I gone mad?
jc92 in post 126247 said:
More likely a bug relating to them not being hidden in 90s mode. Does Victoria even control any of the tramlink? I'm sure it has its own centre.
No trams aren't included and are controlled (monitored) separately by TfL in a control centre at the Therapia Lane Depot (SimSig had a tour 3-4 yrs ago)

The Trams run along the old Network Rail lines that ran from West Croydon - Wimbledon which were closed in the late 1990s to be converted for Tramlink. (hence why 1990s era has NR rails)

Gareth

Last edited: 24/04/2020 at 13:00 by TimTamToe
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Are trams now included? 24/04/2020 at 13:05 #126249
postal
Avatar
4855 posts
TimTamToe in post 126248 said:
No trams aren't included and are controlled (monitored) separately by TfL in a control centre at the Therapia Lane Depot (SimSig had a tour 3-4 yrs ago)
Visited the depot on the Sunday after the October 2016 meet. Small section about the visit in the Meet report here.

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Last edited: 24/04/2020 at 13:05 by postal
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Are trams now included? 24/04/2020 at 13:12 #126250
bugsy
Avatar
1313 posts
TimTamToe in post 126248 said:
bugsy in post 126246 said:
DriverCurran in post 126245 said:
Just testing the 1990 mode, have disabled level crossings and the following crossings still have controls enabled

Dundonald Road
Merton Park
Beddington Lane

Paul
This post makes me think that trams will now be included in the sim. Am I correct or have I gone mad?
jc92 in post 126247 said:
More likely a bug relating to them not being hidden in 90s mode. Does Victoria even control any of the tramlink? I'm sure it has its own centre.
No trams aren't included and are controlled (monitored) separately by TfL in a control centre at the Therapia Lane Depot (SimSig had a tour 3-4 yrs ago)

The Trams run along the old Network Rail lines that ran from West Croydon - Wimbledon which were closed in the late 1990s to be converted for Tramlink. (hence why 1990s era has NR rails)

Gareth
Ah, so it relates to the period when trains ran between Wimbledon and West Croyden.

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
Are trams now included? 24/04/2020 at 15:23 #126252
clive
Avatar
2538 posts
postal in post 126249 said:
TimTamToe in post 126248 said:
No trams aren't included and are controlled (monitored) separately by TfL in a control centre at the Therapia Lane Depot (SimSig had a tour 3-4 yrs ago)
Visited the depot on the Sunday after the October 2016 meet. Small section about the visit in the Meet report here.
If I recall correctly, it was a week or two before the Sandilands curve derailment.

Log in to reply
Are trams now included? 24/04/2020 at 16:05 #126253
postal
Avatar
4855 posts
clive in post 126252 said:
If I recall correctly, it was a week or two before the Sandilands curve derailment.
24 days. Visit was 16/10/16 and derailment was 09/11/16.

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Log in to reply
Are trams now included? 24/04/2020 at 17:26 #126260
GeoffM
Avatar
5853 posts
jc92 in post 126247 said:
More likely a bug relating to them not being hidden in 90s mode. Does Victoria even control any of the tramlink? I'm sure it has its own centre.
The trams didn't exist in the 1990s! TimTamToe is correct.

SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
Are trams now included? 24/04/2020 at 17:37 #126262
jc92
Avatar
3456 posts
GeoffM in post 126260 said:
jc92 in post 126247 said:
More likely a bug relating to them not being hidden in 90s mode. Does Victoria even control any of the tramlink? I'm sure it has its own centre.
The trams didn't exist in the 1990s! TimTamToe is correct.
I misread what Paul put originally - I thought they were still showing when NOT in 1990s era (which they shouldn't as VC has no input into the tramlink), where he meant the controls are showing IN 1990s era where they shouldn't as the controls are off. a bug nonetheless.

"We don't stop camborne wednesdays"
Log in to reply