Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Recursive bug report

You are here: Home > Forum > General > Loader V5 > Recursive bug report

Page 1 of 1

Recursive bug report 06/07/2020 at 13:09 #129123
bugsy
Avatar
789 posts
This might not be important but I thought that I would report it anyway.

I was playing the Peterborough sim and got to just after 20:30 when I got a Recursive bug report warning.
The warning window kept on appearing multiple times, the sim froze and I could do absolutely nothing. Had to close my computer down via 'Ctrl-alt-delete' Task manager.
I was unable to take a screenshot but did write down the wording of the warning and it was as follows:

"Recursive bug report: Exception in OneNormalSecond: TRN (EAccessViolation: Access Violation at address 00671ES in Module 'SimSigLoader.exe' Read of address 00000000)

Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Log in to reply
Recursive bug report 06/07/2020 at 15:19 #129126
postal
Avatar
4355 posts
bugsy in post 129123 said:
The warning window kept on appearing multiple times, the sim froze and I could do absolutely nothing. Had to close my computer down via 'Ctrl-alt-delete' Task manager.
Once you got to the Task Manager could you not just click on the SimSig Loader entry then click on the "End Task" button at the bottom right of the Task Manager? This would close the Loader without the rigmarole of closing the whole system down. You can also get to the Task Manager in later versions of windows by right-clicking in the Taskbar (normally at the bottom of the screen) then selecting Task Manager from the pop-up list.

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Log in to reply
Recursive bug report 06/07/2020 at 17:43 #129142
bill_gensheet
Avatar
538 posts
Sounds very similar to 30779 on Mantis.

Were you looking at a train timetable when it performed an activity ?

Log in to reply
Recursive bug report 06/07/2020 at 17:54 #129146
bugsy
Avatar
789 posts
postal in post 129126 said:
bugsy in post 129123 said:
The warning window kept on appearing multiple times, the sim froze and I could do absolutely nothing. Had to close my computer down via 'Ctrl-alt-delete' Task manager.
Once you got to the Task Manager could you not just click on the SimSig Loader entry then click on the "End Task" button at the bottom right of the Task Manager? This would close the Loader without the rigmarole of closing the whole system down. You can also get to the Task Manager in later versions of windows by right-clicking in the Taskbar (normally at the bottom of the screen) then selecting Task Manager from the pop-up list.
Oops. Sorry. I didn't explain properly did I. I actually did what you suggested above, just closed the Loader in the Task Manager; didn't close my computer down.

Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Log in to reply
Recursive bug report 06/07/2020 at 17:55 #129147
bugsy
Avatar
789 posts
bill_gensheet in post 129142 said:
Sounds very similar to 30779 on Mantis.

Were you looking at a train timetable when it performed an activity ?
Yes. I have a timetable visible at all times.

Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Log in to reply
Recursive bug report 06/07/2020 at 18:46 #129162
postal
Avatar
4355 posts
bugsy in post 129147 said:
bill_gensheet in post 129142 said:
Sounds very similar to 30779 on Mantis.

Were you looking at a train timetable when it performed an activity ?
Yes. I have a timetable visible at all times.
An individual train TT rather than the F4 TT?

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Log in to reply
Recursive bug report 06/07/2020 at 19:50 #129168
bugsy
Avatar
789 posts
postal in post 129162 said:
bugsy in post 129147 said:
[quote=bill_gensheet;post=129142]Sounds very similar to 30779 on Mantis.

Were you looking at a train timetable when it performed an activity ?
Yes. I have a timetable visible at all times.

An individual timetable as per the attached screenshot.


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: postal
Recursive bug report 06/07/2020 at 20:26 #129173
belly buster
Avatar
358 posts
Welcome to recursion.

If you google recursion it asks "Do you mean recursion?"

Computer Scientists are full of laughs.

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Temple Meads
Recursive bug report 06/07/2020 at 22:09 #129194
bill_gensheet
Avatar
538 posts
bugsy in post 129168 said:
postal in post 129162 said:
[quote=bugsy;post=129147][quote=bill_gensheet;post=129142]Sounds very similar to 30779 on Mantis.

Were you looking at a train timetable when it performed an activity ?
Yes. I have a timetable visible at all times.
An individual timetable as per the attached screenshot.

That timetable would be OK, 30779 was caused when the timetable ended (eg JOIN or NEXT).
Bill

Log in to reply
Recursive bug report 07/07/2020 at 10:51 #129202
bugsy
Avatar
789 posts
bill_gensheet in post 129194 said:
bugsy in post 129168 said:
postal in post 129162 said:
[quote=bugsy;post=129147][quote=bill_gensheet;post=129142]Sounds very similar to 30779 on Mantis.

Were you looking at a train timetable when it performed an activity ?
Yes. I have a timetable visible at all times.
An individual timetable as per the attached screenshot.

That timetable would be OK, 30779 was caused when the timetable ended (eg JOIN or NEXT).
Bill
I'm not sure if that was exact timetable though as I didn't make a note of which timetable was visible when everything froze.
Anyway, I went back to the save at 20:30 and everything progress nicely.

Would it have been a particular ttrain's timetable that caused the problem then?

Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Log in to reply
Recursive bug report 07/07/2020 at 11:15 #129203
bill_gensheet
Avatar
538 posts
The conditions for 30779 (which is marked as resolved) was to click on the train ID to get the pop up and for that train ID to then end existence by joining to, or becoming via 'Next' action a new train ID.
That is now OK on a simple test so 30779 closed.

You may have had a different set of conditions, can you work out What train activities were happening at the crash time ?

Log in to reply
Recursive bug report 07/07/2020 at 16:44 #129212
bugsy
Avatar
789 posts
bill_gensheet in post 129203 said:
The conditions for 30779 (which is marked as resolved) was to click on the train ID to get the pop up and for that train ID to then end existence by joining to, or becoming via 'Next' action a new train ID.
That is now OK on a simple test so 30779 closed.

You may have had a different set of conditions, can you work out What train activities were happening at the crash time ?
Perhaps I should have taken a screenshot using my phone's camera as I haven't got a record of what was happening at the moment everything froze.
Sorry that I'm not being much help with information.

Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Last edited: 07/07/2020 at 16:45 by bugsy
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Recursive bug report 08/07/2020 at 04:00 #129265
Hawk777
Avatar
349 posts
Screenshots of the whole screen can usually be taken in Windows with the PrintScreen key, too. That copies the screenshot to the clipboard so you can paste it in an image editing program such as Paint. Better quality than using a camera. It’s been available since Win95 I think.
Last edited: 08/07/2020 at 04:00 by Hawk777
Reason: None given

Log in to reply