Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Who's Online

Carlisle Shunt Moves

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Carlisle > Carlisle Shunt Moves

Page 1 of 1

Carlisle Shunt Moves 18/07/2020 at 22:39 #129742
Red For Danger
Avatar
107 posts
Having a bit of trouble with some Carlisle light engine shunt moves. Running the 79-80 tt (Tuesday), light engines are stopping to reverse at the 'wrong' side of the signal, meaning that they are prevented from reversing onto the correct route.

The screenshot attached is a typical example of this - train 0M10 should be in platform 1, and then head into Wapping Sidings, but has stopped short. It did the same at signal CE291 before this, and have other light engine moves before this have done the same.

Can anybody throw a light as to why this may be happening, and if there is something I can do to stop it occurring again.....?

Thanks.


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
Carlisle Shunt Moves 18/07/2020 at 22:50 #129743
jc92
Avatar
3082 posts
this was logged by me on Mantis as I had issues with 291 and 294 repeatedly while testing V5 loader. ticket is 30771. marked resolved - no change required. It might be best for Karl to comment further as and when he can as he is the current manager for that sim.

Can you confirm if you've had the same issue with 294 (you've confirmed 291) as that was a frequent offender, as was 6L81 at Tebay. also was this a pre V5 save or a fresh session?

Ps: only present workaround is to abandon TT as a train using the signal approaches it, manually reverse it and then reinstate tt.

Last edited: 18/07/2020 at 22:51 by jc92
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Carlisle Shunt Moves 18/07/2020 at 22:57 #129744
headshot119
Avatar
3753 posts
jc92 in post 129743 said:
this was logged by me on Mantis as I had issues with 291 and 294 repeatedly while testing V5 loader. ticket is 30771. marked resolved - no change required. It might be best for Karl to comment further as and when he can as he is the current manager for that sim.

Can you confirm if you've had the same issue with 294 (you've confirmed 291) as that was a frequent offender, as was 6L81 at Tebay. also was this a pre V5 save or a fresh session?

Ps: only present workaround is to abandon TT as a train using the signal approaches it, manually reverse it and then reinstate tt.
30771 was marked No Change Required as there are two related tickets noted in the resolution notice where the actual fix was applied.

I would need a save game, and confirmation this was freshly started on simulation version 4.3 / Loader 5.0 or higher to investigate further.

EDIT

I've run a fresh game from midnight, and had no issues with the loco from 1M10.

"As the last track dropped, and the route became free, came the cry BROMLEY " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Last edited: 18/07/2020 at 23:21 by headshot119
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Carlisle Shunt Moves 19/07/2020 at 21:27 #129788
Red For Danger
Avatar
107 posts
headshot119 in post 129744 said:
jc92 in post 129743 said:
this was logged by me on Mantis as I had issues with 291 and 294 repeatedly while testing V5 loader. ticket is 30771. marked resolved - no change required. It might be best for Karl to comment further as and when he can as he is the current manager for that sim.

Can you confirm if you've had the same issue with 294 (you've confirmed 291) as that was a frequent offender, as was 6L81 at Tebay. also was this a pre V5 save or a fresh session?

Ps: only present workaround is to abandon TT as a train using the signal approaches it, manually reverse it and then reinstate tt.
30771 was marked No Change Required as there are two related tickets noted in the resolution notice where the actual fix was applied.

I would need a save game, and confirmation this was freshly started on simulation version 4.3 / Loader 5.0 or higher to investigate further.

EDIT

I've run a fresh game from midnight, and had no issues with the loco from 1M10.
Hi - Thanks for the responses. The signals I have had trouble with are reverses at 291 and 301. Not had a train reverse at 294 yet, but not sure one would reverse there as 301 is the logical place here to reverse trains to send trains into Wapping Sidings.

Saved game for 01:10 attached which shows 0M10 stopped the wrong side of sig 296 - I subsequently abandoned the tt when this occurred, and the re-instated it after I had manually reversed and set it on it's way again to Platform 1 only for it to occur again at sig 301 a few minutes later at approx 01:14, at which time I closed the SIM without saving the game. It would be good to see if you can find any issues.

The same thing happened earlier in the SIM for another train (0M49) that was sent to Wapping Sinding when it reversed at Platform 1. I again had to abandon the tt and manually reverse it to get it to enter Platform 1 so it could then reverse into Wapping.

Thanks for the help guys.

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
Carlisle Shunt Moves 19/07/2020 at 21:30 #129789
Red For Danger
Avatar
107 posts
Red For Danger in post 129788 said:
headshot119 in post 129744 said:
jc92 in post 129743 said:
this was logged by me on Mantis as I had issues with 291 and 294 repeatedly while testing V5 loader. ticket is 30771. marked resolved - no change required. It might be best for Karl to comment further as and when he can as he is the current manager for that sim.

Can you confirm if you've had the same issue with 294 (you've confirmed 291) as that was a frequent offender, as was 6L81 at Tebay. also was this a pre V5 save or a fresh session?

Ps: only present workaround is to abandon TT as a train using the signal approaches it, manually reverse it and then reinstate tt.
30771 was marked No Change Required as there are two related tickets noted in the resolution notice where the actual fix was applied.

I would need a save game, and confirmation this was freshly started on simulation version 4.3 / Loader 5.0 or higher to investigate further.

EDIT

I've run a fresh game from midnight, and had no issues with the loco from 1M10.
Hi - Thanks for the responses. The signals I have had trouble with are reverses at 291 and 301. Not had a train reverse at 294 yet, but not sure one would reverse there as 301 is the logical place here to reverse trains to send trains into Wapping Sidings.

Saved game for 01:10 attached which shows 0M10 stopped the wrong side of sig 296 - I subsequently abandoned the tt when this occurred, and the re-instated it after I had manually reversed and set it on it's way again to Platform 1 only for it to occur again at sig 301 a few minutes later at approx 01:14, at which time I closed the SIM without saving the game. It would be good to see if you can find any issues.

The same thing happened earlier in the SIM for another train (0M49) that was sent to Wapping Sinding when it reversed at Platform 1. I again had to abandon the tt and manually reverse it to get it to enter Platform 1 so it could then reverse into Wapping.

Thanks for the help guys.
Apologies - I forgot to say - this was a new game started on the new loader - it was NOT a saved game from the previous loader version.

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: headshot119
Carlisle Shunt Moves 19/07/2020 at 21:45 #129792
jc92
Avatar
3082 posts
On loading the snapshot, the first thing it informs me is it was saved on V5.2 while the current loader is 5.3. I'm not sure that the loader version in itself will be an issue here. can you confirm you're running V4.3 of Carlisle?

I've played around with this movement using a test train and every stopping point (NX, N, default) and I've tried P1 and SA and they all work as intended, no error replicable.

Log in to reply
Carlisle Shunt Moves 19/07/2020 at 22:08 #129794
Red For Danger
Avatar
107 posts
I started the SIM a couple of days ago on what I now realise was the loader vers 5.2 so it would be whatever version was bundled with that. To be honest I had not realised that the loader had been updated to Vers 5.3 - there was no mention of this when I opened it - is that a fairly recent update......?

In the meantime, I have now updated to vers 5.3 of the Loader - I will start Carlisle again from the beginning of the SIM at 00:00 in a couple of days or so to see if it has made any difference and I'll let you know how I get on.

For the record, I did not select the day of the SIM - I started the general 79-80 tt and let the SIM choose the day at random - not sure if that will have any effect on this though.....?

Log in to reply
Carlisle Shunt Moves 22/07/2020 at 19:25 #129891
Red For Danger
Avatar
107 posts
Thank you to those that have assisted with this - I can confirm that after I updated the Loader to V5.3 the issues have been solved.

Thanks again for all the help.

Log in to reply