Upcoming Games

Upcoming Events

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Longsight depot

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Manchester Piccadilly > Longsight depot

Page 1 of 1

Longsight depot 27/09/2020 at 05:04 #132731
Jriver
Avatar
31 posts
Hi Guys

Was the issue with driver's challenging the route into Longsight Depot ever resolved? I am routing towards the lit slot and drivers' keep challenging it? In this case its 5H67 challenging being routed to the lit slot?

Cheers as always.


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
Longsight depot 27/09/2020 at 08:44 #132734
jc92
Avatar
3101 posts
are you sure it isn't a wrong route? Trains booked into longsight CMD need a slot for the North end sidings, not the maintenance entrance which is a separate location.
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Jriver
Longsight depot 27/09/2020 at 08:54 #132736
Meld
Avatar
773 posts
Looking at the image you have got sone arriving from Slade Lane Jn (which the slot is illiuminated for), None of the 4 slots for entering at the North end are illuminated, therefore 5H67 will challenge the route, as the shunter hasnt accepted him yet.

Try requesting the slot just before you depart Piccadilly, Normally you get the slot before you reach the depot.

Passed the age to be doing 'Spoon Feeding' !!!
Log in to reply
Longsight depot 27/09/2020 at 09:17 #132737
Splodge
Avatar
514 posts
jc92 in post 132734 said:
are you sure it isn't a wrong route? Trains booked into longsight CMD need a slot for the North end sidings, not the maintenance entrance which is a separate location.
I mentioned this when the sim was first released - as a driver, especially when we used to take 323s on frequently (our diesels tend to end up in the same place), our dockets only say Longsight, and we can accept absolutely any route onto the depot without question as it's agreed between the signaller and the shunters and we just follow the aspects.

In fact during the day, there isn't a shunter on at north end so the route 5H67 is being given there was a regular occurrence with a pair of 323s that stabled in the day time if the south end shunter had no spare staff or didn't fancy a long walk to change the points.

On the other hand, the 'flow' of the depot at night meant that often trains arriving from the south would be reversed at MP94/95/96/97 or 85 to avoid a conflict with Pendolinos and Voyagers using the neck. But then the flow often meant a backlog for the washes, so something might get brought on at the south end for a quick reversal into the Up sidings (up freight on the sim) or the lower numbered shed roads.

There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: TUT
Longsight depot 27/09/2020 at 21:07 #132759
Late Turn
Avatar
668 posts
Meld in post 132736 said:
Looking at the image you have got sone arriving from Slade Lane Jn (which the slot is illiuminated for), None of the 4 slots for entering at the North end are illuminated, therefore 5H67 will challenge the route, as the shunter hasnt accepted him yet.

Try requesting the slot just before you depart Piccadilly, Normally you get the slot before you reach the depot.

Sounds back to front to me - the driver only knows that the shunter's accepted him when the signal's cleared for him to go into the depot!

Log in to reply
Longsight depot 27/09/2020 at 21:33 #132760
GeoffM
Avatar
5275 posts
Online
Late Turn in post 132759 said:
Meld in post 132736 said:
Looking at the image you have got sone arriving from Slade Lane Jn (which the slot is illiuminated for), None of the 4 slots for entering at the North end are illuminated, therefore 5H67 will challenge the route, as the shunter hasnt accepted him yet.

Try requesting the slot just before you depart Piccadilly, Normally you get the slot before you reach the depot.

Sounds back to front to me - the driver only knows that the shunter's accepted him when the signal's cleared for him to go into the depot!
I don't know which TT that is, but I assume 5H67 is actually supposed to go to Longsight shed? If so then the route set is incorrect, and yes a slot is needed to get to the lower roads and a valid route.

To do a reversal at the south end would require a timetable change - I believe decisions could be used to vary between north and south end TTs.

SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
Longsight depot 27/09/2020 at 23:30 #132763
Late Turn
Avatar
668 posts
GeoffM in post 132760 said:
Late Turn in post 132759 said:
Meld in post 132736 said:
Looking at the image you have got sone arriving from Slade Lane Jn (which the slot is illiuminated for), None of the 4 slots for entering at the North end are illuminated, therefore 5H67 will challenge the route, as the shunter hasnt accepted him yet.

Try requesting the slot just before you depart Piccadilly, Normally you get the slot before you reach the depot.

Sounds back to front to me - the driver only knows that the shunter's accepted him when the signal's cleared for him to go into the depot!
I don't know which TT that is, but I assume 5H67 is actually supposed to go to Longsight shed? If so then the route set is incorrect, and yes a slot is needed to get to the lower roads and a valid route.

To do a reversal at the south end would require a timetable change - I believe decisions could be used to vary between north and south end TTs.

Indeed, I’ve no doubt that the reason that the sim driver challenges the route is that he’s expecting to go straight into the north end! I just wanted to clarify that the driver is unlikely to challenge a route based on whether the slot’s been granted (or acceptance otherwise given) - it didn’t really make sense.

Log in to reply
Longsight depot 09/10/2020 at 11:32 #132996
whatlep
Avatar
278 posts
Not a bug, but four requests for extra routes in a future release of Piccadilly to enhance realism.

1) Routes that permit moves onto Longsight MPD via LR/MP44 (i.e. using the 53 etc slot)? It would make loco changes in the U&DGL work properly and provide better realism for light engine inbound moves.

2) Route Wheel Lathe - Longsight DGL - Up Slow/ Fast. Trains seem to need to reverse at Longsight North rather than the DGL

3) Route to/from Holding Siding and platforms 1-3 via MP1151 (reverse)

4) Route Longisght DGL - MP307/1114 (reverse) - Up Slow/Fast or Longsight

Last edited: 09/10/2020 at 11:40 by whatlep
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Longsight depot 09/10/2020 at 12:44 #132997
headshot119
Avatar
3792 posts
whatlep in post 132996 said:
Not a bug, but four requests for extra routes in a future release of Piccadilly to enhance realism.

1) Routes that permit moves onto Longsight MPD via LR/MP44 (i.e. using the 53 etc slot)? It would make loco changes in the U&DGL work properly and provide better realism for light engine inbound moves.

2) Route Wheel Lathe - Longsight DGL - Up Slow/ Fast. Trains seem to need to reverse at Longsight North rather than the DGL

3) Route to/from Holding Siding and platforms 1-3 via MP1151 (reverse)

4) Route Longisght DGL - MP307/1114 (reverse) - Up Slow/Fast or Longsight
Peter,

Can I clarify if you are asking for missing routes to be added (Missing routes from a signal), or for additional timetable paths to be added to allow certain moves you can't currently timetable?

I just want to be sure before I log the request on Mantis.

"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: whatlep
Longsight depot 10/10/2020 at 09:01 #133003
whatlep
Avatar
278 posts
headshot119 in post 132997 said:
whatlep in post 132996 said:
Not a bug, but four requests for extra routes in a future release of Piccadilly to enhance realism.

1) Routes that permit moves onto Longsight MPD via LR/MP44 (i.e. using the 53 etc slot)? It would make loco changes in the U&DGL work properly and provide better realism for light engine inbound moves.

2) Route Wheel Lathe - Longsight DGL - Up Slow/ Fast. Trains seem to need to reverse at Longsight North rather than the DGL

3) Route to/from Holding Siding and platforms 1-3 via MP1151 (reverse)

4) Route Longisght DGL - MP307/1114 (reverse) - Up Slow/Fast or Longsight
Peter,

Can I clarify if you are asking for missing routes to be added (Missing routes from a signal), or for additional timetable paths to be added to allow certain moves you can't currently timetable?

I just want to be sure before I log the request on Mantis.
Thank you. Assuming I've understood the distinction correctly, all are timetable paths, but note that I can't verify whether signalled moves exist into Longsight via the 53 etc slots as I can't obtain any of those slots in the simulation at present (AFAIK).

Log in to reply
Longsight depot 10/10/2020 at 11:24 #133005
headshot119
Avatar
3792 posts
Feature request raised on Mantis #31675
"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: whatlep
Longsight depot 10/10/2020 at 19:13 #133021
Steamer
Avatar
3310 posts
whatlep in post 132996 said:

1) Routes that permit moves onto Longsight MPD via LR/MP44 (i.e. using the 53 etc slot)? It would make loco changes in the U&DGL work properly and provide better realism for light engine inbound moves.
This one's already possible- timetable Longsight Up & Dn Goods-> Longsight South Jn-> Longsight Carr MD.

Request the slot by calling Longsight South (53, 55, 58, 59)

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
Longsight depot 10/10/2020 at 22:44 #133027
whatlep
Avatar
278 posts
Steamer in post 133021 said:
whatlep in post 132996 said:

1) Routes that permit moves onto Longsight MPD via LR/MP44 (i.e. using the 53 etc slot)? It would make loco changes in the U&DGL work properly and provide better realism for light engine inbound moves.
This one's already possible- timetable Longsight Up & Dn Goods-> Longsight South Jn-> Longsight Carr MD.

Request the slot by calling Longsight South (53, 55, 58, 59)
Thank you for that and I can also now see that another move Longsight North -> Longsight South Jn -> Longisght Carr MD appears valid, but it still seems to be impossible to route a light loco off a train changing engines in the U&DGL to Longsight depot. See attached file's error messages for three trains OZOO-xxxx starting from the U&DGL.

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Last edited: 10/10/2020 at 22:54 by whatlep
Reason: None given

Log in to reply