Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Hot keys and scrolling don't seem to work in Demo mode.

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > LTS > Hot keys and scrolling don't seem to work in Demo mode.

Page 1 of 1

Hot keys and scrolling don't seem to work in Demo mode. 28/11/2020 at 12:44 #134207
bugsy
Avatar
933 posts
I've just tried to run this sim in demo mode and have found that the hot keys are not working and I can't scroll using the mouse wheel.

I thought that everything worked normally in Demo mode so is this one broken or is it me?

Edit: Scrolling is working. That was me doing it wrong.

Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Last edited: 28/11/2020 at 12:48 by bugsy
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Hot keys and scrolling don't seem to work in Demo mode. 28/11/2020 at 18:11 #134222
GeoffM
Avatar
5437 posts
Hot keys and scrolling are not affected by demo mode.
SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
Hot keys and scrolling don't seem to work in Demo mode. 28/11/2020 at 20:19 #134230
bugsy
Avatar
933 posts
GeoffM in post 134222 said:
Hot keys and scrolling are not affected by demo mode.
That's what I thought but the hot keys definitely didn't work when I tried the sim earlier. The letter 'F' which should take you to Frenchurch Street even made the sim run very fast.

Anyway, I'll try it again later or maybe tomorrow and will let you know what happens.

Thanks

Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Log in to reply
Hot keys and scrolling don't seem to work in Demo mode. 28/11/2020 at 20:20 #134231
headshot119
Avatar
3946 posts
Online
bugsy in post 134230 said:
GeoffM in post 134222 said:
Hot keys and scrolling are not affected by demo mode.
That's what I thought but the hot keys definitely didn't work when I tried the sim earlier. The letter 'F' which should take you to Frenchurch Street even made the sim run very fast.

Anyway, I'll try it again later or maybe tomorrow and will let you know what happens.

Thanks
Lettered hot keys require you to press Shift+[hotkey letter]. Per https://www.simsig.co.uk/Wiki/Show?page=usertrack%3Assrun%3Ashortcut_keys

"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
Hot keys and scrolling don't seem to work in Demo mode. 28/11/2020 at 20:26 #134232
bugsy
Avatar
933 posts
headshot119 in post 134231 said:
bugsy in post 134230 said:
GeoffM in post 134222 said:
Hot keys and scrolling are not affected by demo mode.
That's what I thought but the hot keys definitely didn't work when I tried the sim earlier. The letter 'F' which should take you to Frenchurch Street even made the sim run very fast.

Anyway, I'll try it again later or maybe tomorrow and will let you know what happens.

Thanks
Lettered hot keys require you to press Shift+[hotkey letter]. Per https://www.simsig.co.uk/Wiki/Show?page=usertrack%3Assrun%3Ashortcut_keys
Oh blast! So it was me doing it all wrong then. I don't do 'shift' when inputting hot key numbers and I totally forgot about that necessity for the letters.

I definitely need a new memory chip installed in my brain.

Thanks for putting me right.

Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Log in to reply
Hot keys and scrolling don't seem to work in Demo mode. 28/11/2020 at 21:03 #134233
postal
Avatar
4535 posts
Online
bugsy in post 134232 said:
I definitely need a new memory chip installed in my brain.
Is it worthwhile spending money to upgrade time-expired equipment?

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Last edited: 28/11/2020 at 21:04 by postal
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Hot keys and scrolling don't seem to work in Demo mode. 28/11/2020 at 22:32 #134234
bugsy
Avatar
933 posts
postal in post 134233 said:
bugsy in post 134232 said:
I definitely need a new memory chip installed in my brain.
Is it worthwhile spending money to upgrade time-expired equipment?
Wouldn't I get one on the NHS?

Your life can have a thousand different meanings or maybe just one....I'd recommend more than one in case you got it wrong - (Rezende)
Log in to reply
Hot keys and scrolling don't seem to work in Demo mode. 28/11/2020 at 23:03 #134239
GeoffM
Avatar
5437 posts
Is the warranty void if the seal is broken and OEM equipment installed by a 3rd party?
SimSig Boss
Log in to reply