Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

0D07 - something seems to be amiss

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Timetables > West Yorkshire > 0D07 - something seems to be amiss

Page 1 of 1

FAQ - The loader won't update 30/09/2018 at 12:14 #112381
headshot119
Avatar
4374 posts
Question - I can't get the loader to update, or I get the message "File does not exist on server" when running the updater.

Please see the bottom of the post if you are running Windows XP or Vista.

First thing to do is ensure you have at least loader 4.6.9 (The loader version is shown on the bottom left hand corner when you open it), if you don't have this version or higher, download and install the system files from here.

If this does not resolve your issue, or you are still getting "File does not exist on server" then try this


philbrown in post 112040 said:
Solved it!!

I had to enable all the SSL and TLS options in Internet Explorer (I don't even use it - I use Firefox) and now everything seems to be working (Update and Licence Manager).
I guess IE can control connections in Windows that Simsig needs but that Firefox can get around.

Thanks for the help all!

If anyone comes accross this in the future - the relevant options are in IE in Tools > Internet Options, Advanced Tab and scroll down to the Security section. www.SimSig.co.uk won't be accessible in IE if the correct options are not selected.
Windows XP & Vista

Windows XP & Vista is no longer supported by Microsoft, and SimSig no longer officially supports it. Please see this article for more information.

"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Last edited: 25/02/2022 at 02:07 by headshot119
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: danny.ysdu
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 14:19 #138211
bugsy
Avatar
1312 posts
0D07 and 6E03
Something here seems a little bit odd to me but perhaps someone can put my mind at rest.
6E03 entered the sim from Gascoigne Wood and reversed (presumably) into Milford West sidings from signal 5235 at Milford Junction. You can see it in siding No.8 in the screenshot. Anyway, the loco 0D07 has detached and is now ready to depart, towards Milford (sig M5252) according to the tt. If the train reversed into the siding, I would have expected the loco to be at the Milford Junction end of the train which is where I’ve inserted its TD.
I can't see anything related to this in the Forum posts.


I've attached the 05:40 save and can provide an earlier save if required.

It’s perhaps my logic that is fooling me and someone will be able to explain things.


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 14:29 #138212
Albert
Avatar
1293 posts
Does 0D07 perhaps wait until 6E03 has left before performing its run-around? In other words, is 6D07's departure later than 6E03's departure?
AJP in games
Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 14:42 #138213
Hap
Avatar
680 posts
I'd imagine that the two turning locations are simply the wrong way round.

Edit: Would appear to not make much sense. Would only need to head out to 5235 and back on top of 6D07, Unless it's propelled all the way from GW.

HAP
Last edited: 29/03/2021 at 14:47 by Hap
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 14:50 #138216
bugsy
Avatar
1312 posts
Albert in post 138212 said:
Does 0D07 perhaps wait until 6E03 has left before performing its run-around? In other words, is 6D07's departure later than 6E03's departure?
I don't think that it does. 0D07 joins 6D07 (just wagons) in siding 12 and the combined unit (6D07) departs at 06:40, presumably this morning.
6E03 joins another loco later today and departs as 6V85 at 22:35.

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 14:53 #138217
Albert
Avatar
1293 posts
Not having the sim in front of me, which way is 6D07 supposed to leave? Towards Milford Jn?

Also, given you say 6E03 reversed at 5235, I guess it will have its loco at the south (Milford Jn) end which propelled the train into the siding.

If both of my guesses are true, then the loco should just reverse once at 5235 instead of running around.

AJP in games
Last edited: 29/03/2021 at 14:54 by Albert
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 15:09 #138218
bugsy
Avatar
1312 posts
I'm thinking that a simple edit of the timetable would correct the situation. I think that I'll remove the second calling point (Milford Sig M525) and see what happens.
If that doesn't work, I'll have a play around until it's resolved. At that point I'll post the solution.

Edit: The sim insists that 6E03 is in front when I set a route towards Milford Junction having removed the calling point mentioned above

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Last edited: 29/03/2021 at 15:15 by bugsy
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 15:18 #138220
bugsy
Avatar
1312 posts
bugsy in post 138218 said:
I'm thinking that a simple edit of the timetable would correct the situation. I think that I'll remove the second calling point (Milford Sig M525) and see what happens.
If that doesn't work, I'll have a play around until it's resolved. At that point I'll post the solution.

Edit: The sim insists that 6E03 is in front when I set a route towards Milford Junction having removed the calling point mentioned above

....


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 15:19 #138221
Albert
Avatar
1293 posts
What way is 0D07 facing? Up or down when it says that 6E03 is in front?

EDIT: see it is facing up. This suggests it is at the north (down) end of the train instead. It should be possible to route it out on its original TT by setting signal N8.

As to why it ended up on the north side, I would have to look at 6E03's timetable once I have access to the sim.

AJP in games
Last edited: 29/03/2021 at 15:22 by Albert
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 15:29 #138223
bugsy
Avatar
1312 posts
Albert in post 138221 said:
What way is 0D07 facing? Up or down when it says that 6E03 is in front?

EDIT: see it is facing up. This suggests it is at the north (down) end of the train instead. It should be possible to route it out on its original TT by setting signal N8.

As to why it ended up on the north side, I would have to look at 6E03's timetable once I have access to the sim.
I've just reinstated the calling point Milford Sig5252 and 0D07 has left in the UP direction towards Gascoigne Wood. I can't say whether or not UP is correct.

This means that when 6E03 entered the sim the loco was at the rear end propelling it forward. Can't be right surely.
...


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 15:47 #138225
Dick
Avatar
345 posts
Seems odd but that's how it seems. 6E03 enters siding 8 with the loco at the front, which detaches DEF as 0D07 and departs towards Gascoigne wood.
Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 15:54 #138226
bugsy
Avatar
1312 posts
I allowed a train (OD07?) from siding 8 to follow the timetable of 0D07 but couldn’t set a route from signal 5235at Milford Junction into siding 12. This is the only one not permissive from the Milford Junction direction. I talked it past the signal but as can be seen in the attached screenshot, it is joining 6D07 whilst overhanging the points.

I think that this need further investigation.


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 16:00 #138227
Albert
Avatar
1293 posts
The weird thing is that the route is available from M685. Is it there from M5233?
AJP in games
Last edited: 29/03/2021 at 16:00 by Albert
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 16:22 #138229
bugsy
Avatar
1312 posts
Albert in post 138227 said:
The weird thing is that the route is available from M685. Is it there from M5233?
No. From 5235. It's left a "ghostly" TD at that location.

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 16:32 #138230
Albert
Avatar
1293 posts
I just start a new game, occupied the track circuit of siding 12 through F11, and the route is there from 5233 and from 5235. I don't see why you need to set the points manually - just a SPAD should be sufficient? Or was 6D07 already overhanging the points before attaching the loco?
AJP in games
Last edited: 29/03/2021 at 16:32 by Albert
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 16:50 #138231
Meld
Avatar
980 posts
If you do start a new game try one of the simpler timetables first. Phils 2018 will help you get used to the area
Passed the age to be doing 'Spoon Feeding' !!!
Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 16:54 #138232
andyallen4014
Avatar
287 posts
Meld in post 138231 said:
If you do start a new game try one of the simpler timetables first. Phils 2018 will help you get used to the area
Yes, agree with Meld. I did some of the testing on West Yorks Oct 2018 for Phil and I was very inexperienced on the sim prior to that. Certainly learnt a lot but in a steady way without being overwhelmed!

Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 18:21 #138234
Dick
Avatar
345 posts
Albert in post 138230 said:
I just start a new game, occupied the track circuit of siding 12 through F11, and the route is there from 5233 and from 5235. I don't see why you need to set the points manually - just a SPAD should be sufficient? Or was 6D07 already overhanging the points before attaching the loco?
No, but you can't set the route with 6D07 occupying the TC T1428 but you can (as you say) if you occupy it with F11> Possibly because 6D07 is facing UP.

Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 18:28 #138235
bugsy
Avatar
1312 posts
Albert in post 138230 said:
I just start a new game, occupied the track circuit of siding 12 through F11, and the route is there from 5233 and from 5235. I don't see why you need to set the points manually - just a SPAD should be sufficient? Or was 6D07 already overhanging the points before attaching the loco?
The route wouldn't set so I set the points manually and ordered the train to SPAD as you have suggested. It started to join whilst overhanging the points.

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 29/03/2021 at 18:36 #138236
bugsy
Avatar
1312 posts
andyallen4014 in post 138232 said:
Meld in post 138231 said:
If you do start a new game try one of the simpler timetables first. Phils 2018 will help you get used to the area
Yes, agree with Meld. I did some of the testing on West Yorks Oct 2018 for Phil and I was very inexperienced on the sim prior to that. Certainly learnt a lot but in a steady way without being overwhelmed!
I don't find this timetable particularly difficult. Mind you, I have forgotten about the odd crossing and no doubt stacked up a few negative points in the process. Furthermore, I've only been playing through the sim "night time" period and expect it to get much more difficult as the day progresses.

Anyway. I have started a different timetable now (15-10-09) and hopefully will be able to resume my 2018 game as soon as someone can resolve my little problem

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 30/03/2021 at 09:07 #138243
bugsy
Avatar
1312 posts
Here is an update:

When 6D07 had finished joining 6D67 the new formation began to exit Milford West sidings in the direction of Milford Junction, which according to the timetable is the first calling point after its scheduled departure time of 06:40.
I decided to reverse the train to send it back into siding 12 which incidentally, is long enough to accommodate it.
It stopped at signal M7601/N12 facing the down direction so I reversed it again and it finally came to rest at signal M686 facing UP (towards Milford Junction) which is correct.

The upshot is that the problem has been resolved and I can now send the train on its way, either early or I can wait until its scheduled departure time.


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
0D07 - something seems to be amiss 19/01/2022 at 19:30 #143668
9pN1SEAp
Avatar
726 posts
bugsy in post 138226 said:
I allowed a train (OD07?) from siding 8 to follow the timetable of 0D07 but couldn’t set a route from signal 5235at Milford Junction into siding 12. This is the only one not permissive from the Milford Junction direction. I talked it past the signal but as can be seen in the attached screenshot, it is joining 6D07 whilst overhanging the points.

I think that this need further investigation.

This happened to me on a Tuesday. 6D07 should have seeded at N12 not M686, 0D07 had to be talked through due to subroute locked in Up direction. The resultant joined loco occupied T1552.

Incidentally, 0D07 came off the front of 6E03, but that train had been propelled into the sidings from M5235. The loco would have been at the Up end, not the Down end of Milford West and the description didn't suggest that 6E03 was TnT.

Thanks
Jamie

Jamie S (JAMS)
Log in to reply