Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Splash picture locations

You are here: Home > Forum > General > General questions, comments, and issues > Splash picture locations

Page 1 of 1

Splash picture locations 12/10/2021 at 13:38 #141840
bugsy
Avatar
1215 posts
I quite enjoy looking at the Splashscreen photos when I start a sim. The only thing is, I don't know the locations of quite a few of them.
At the moment I am running a Central Scotland timetable and it would be nice is a knowledgeable person could advise me what each location is even though some are obvious.

I have noticed that the locations of some of the Motherwell Splashscreens have been give, but not all of them and I think that a few of the Exeter ones are as well, but again not all of them.

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
Splash picture locations 12/10/2021 at 13:45 #141842
Dionysusnu
Avatar
355 posts
It's in the manual, just a bit hidden. Here's the page: https://www.simsig.co.uk/Media/Wiki/%2Fsimulations%2Fcentralscotland%2Fcentralscotland_splashscreens.pdf
Log in to reply
Splash picture locations 12/10/2021 at 14:06 #141844
bill_gensheet
Avatar
821 posts
If you have downloaded any of my Motherwell timetables, you may have some extra splash screens in which case the details are in the timetable help pdf.

For CSCOT my splash screens went out with the sim itself.

Bill

Log in to reply
Splash picture locations 12/10/2021 at 19:51 #141845
bugsy
Avatar
1215 posts
Dionysusnu in post 141842 said:
It's in the manual, just a bit hidden. Here's the page: https://www.simsig.co.uk/Media/Wiki/%2Fsimulations%2Fcentralscotland%2Fcentralscotland_splashscreens.pdf
Thanks very much. Just what I wanted.

Is this sort of information available for other sims?

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
Splash picture locations 12/10/2021 at 20:05 #141846
Dionysusnu
Avatar
355 posts
bugsy in post 141845 said:
Dionysusnu in post 141842 said:
It's in the manual, just a bit hidden. Here's the page: https://www.simsig.co.uk/Media/Wiki/%2Fsimulations%2Fcentralscotland%2Fcentralscotland_splashscreens.pdf
Thanks very much. Just what I wanted.

Is this sort of information available for other sims?
It's often in the manual, although not always. (for example I can't find descriptions for Motherwell)
Some of the pictures also have descriptions attached in metadata.

Log in to reply
Splash picture locations 12/10/2021 at 20:31 #141847
Steamer
Avatar
3664 posts
Online
In the case of Motherwell, if you navigate to the Motherwell folder (C:\Users\Public\Documents\SimSig\Simulations\Motherwell), the splash screens are saved there and their names describe their location, e.g. "Splash Newton north end"

Most manuals, though not all, include a listing of splash screens, again navigate to the simulation's folder to find the file name to match to the descriptions.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Last edited: 12/10/2021 at 20:31 by Steamer
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Splash picture locations 12/10/2021 at 21:04 #141848
bugsy
Avatar
1215 posts
Steamer in post 141847 said:
In the case of Motherwell, if you navigate to the Motherwell folder (C:\Users\Public\Documents\SimSig\Simulations\Motherwell), the splash screens are saved there and their names describe their location, e.g. "Splash Newton north end"

Most manuals, though not all, include a listing of splash screens, again navigate to the simulation's folder to find the file name to match to the descriptions.
Thanks. Yes, I am aware of the Motherwell folder that you mention above, but there are several photos that don't have specific locations given as I mentioned in my original post above.

I shall look in the manuals, probably some time tomorrow, to see what I can find

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
Splash picture locations 12/10/2021 at 21:07 #141849
Steamer
Avatar
3664 posts
Online
bugsy in post 141848 said:

Thanks. Yes, I am aware of the Motherwell folder that you mention above, but there are several photos that don't have specific locations given as I mentioned in my original post above.
What are the file names? I can only assume they're the ones Bill mentioned above, as all of the ones supplied with the simulation have a description in the file name.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
Splash picture locations 13/10/2021 at 10:34 #141850
bugsy
Avatar
1215 posts
Steamer in post 141849 said:
bugsy in post 141848 said:

Thanks. Yes, I am aware of the Motherwell folder that you mention above, but there are several photos that don't have specific locations given as I mentioned in my original post above.
What are the file names? I can only assume they're the ones Bill mentioned above, as all of the ones supplied with the simulation have a description in the file name.
There are six files with the same name: splash_mww.1, splash.mww.2, etc,etc.

I don't know what the actual locations are. Perhaps they are all just around Motherwell itself?

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply
Splash picture locations 13/10/2021 at 12:19 #141851
postal
Avatar
4751 posts
Online
bugsy in post 141850 said:
Steamer in post 141849 said:
bugsy in post 141848 said:

Thanks. Yes, I am aware of the Motherwell folder that you mention above, but there are several photos that don't have specific locations given as I mentioned in my original post above.
What are the file names? I can only assume they're the ones Bill mentioned above, as all of the ones supplied with the simulation have a description in the file name.
There are six files with the same name: splash_mww.1, splash.mww.2, etc,etc.

I don't know what the actual locations are. Perhaps they are all just around Motherwell itself?
Did you read this post from earlier in the thread?

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Log in to reply
Splash picture locations 13/10/2021 at 15:39 #141853
bugsy
Avatar
1215 posts
Oh dear. A memory failure once again.

I actually copied the text from that document and pasted it into a new Word document and that was only yesterday!

Everything that you make will be useful - providing it's made of chocolate.
Log in to reply