Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

Who's Online

kaiwhara, gazman321, Phil-jmw, dmaze (4 users seen recently)

Yeovil YP4 remaining at danger if 2 subsequent trains pass in the up direction

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Westbury > Yeovil YP4 remaining at danger if 2 subsequent trains pass in the up direction

Page 1 of 1

Yeovil YP4 remaining at danger if 2 subsequent trains pass in the up direction 19/02/2022 at 13:05 #145266
Albert
Avatar
1298 posts
Hi all,

I just had a train getting stuck at a red signal in Yeovil Pen Mill. I suspect that this happens if the train is the second up train to pass, with no down train in-between - in most TTs trains are passing alternately in both directions.

Save attached taken just before 5V30 comes to a stop, despite the slot being granted. Telling it to pass signal at danger works, it will then enter the single line.

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
AJP in games
Log in to reply
Yeovil YP4 remaining at danger if 2 subsequent trains pass in the up direction 06/06/2022 at 16:04 #146751
bill_gensheet
Avatar
962 posts
Rather odd. Loading your save is as you describe, however two (or three) trains in sucession from Yeovil is not a problem of itself.

Have tested this both in a forthcoming timetable I am doing, and by extracting the relevant Yeovil line trains from your save of 'WESTBURY 130220 PLUS'.

Was anything else going on ?
I tried cancelling routes and a save part way through giving the slot and it is still OK for me.

Attached the stripped out timetable for you to run. I am running a testing version of Westbury sim, not 4.6.

Bill

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
Yeovil YP4 remaining at danger if 2 subsequent trains pass in the up direction 06/06/2022 at 19:56 #146759
DaveHarries
Avatar
1166 posts
bill_gensheet in post 146751 said:
I am running a testing version of Westbury sim, not 4.6.

Sorry to go a bit off-topic but that sounds interesting in itself.

Dave

Log in to reply
Yeovil YP4 remaining at danger if 2 subsequent trains pass in the up direction 06/06/2022 at 20:02 #146760
headshot119
Avatar
4424 posts
Albert in post 145266 said:
Hi all,

I just had a train getting stuck at a red signal in Yeovil Pen Mill. I suspect that this happens if the train is the second up train to pass, with no down train in-between - in most TTs trains are passing alternately in both directions.

Save attached taken just before 5V30 comes to a stop, despite the slot being granted. Telling it to pass signal at danger works, it will then enter the single line.
Mantis 36165 raised.

DaveHarries in post 146759 said:
bill_gensheet in post 146751 said:
I am running a testing version of Westbury sim, not 4.6.

Sorry to go a bit off-topic but that sounds interesting in itself.

Dave
Not particularly, lots of simulations have newer versions available to testers and developers to test various fixes etc.

"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
Yeovil YP4 remaining at danger if 2 subsequent trains pass in the up direction 06/06/2022 at 21:11 #146762
Peter Bennet
Avatar
5165 posts
headshot119 in post 146760 said:


DaveHarries in post 146759 said:
bill_gensheet in post 146751 said:
I am running a testing version of Westbury sim, not 4.6.

Sorry to go a bit off-topic but that sounds interesting in itself.

Dave
Not particularly, lots of simulations have newer versions available to testers and developers to test various fixes etc.

Also see this thread.
https://www.SimSig.co.uk/Forum/ThreadView/53489

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Log in to reply
Yeovil YP4 remaining at danger if 2 subsequent trains pass in the up direction 07/06/2022 at 11:56 #146766
Peter Bennet
Avatar
5165 posts
Albert in post 145266 said:
Hi all,

I just had a train getting stuck at a red signal in Yeovil Pen Mill. I suspect that this happens if the train is the second up train to pass, with no down train in-between - in most TTs trains are passing alternately in both directions.

Save attached taken just before 5V30 comes to a stop, despite the slot being granted. Telling it to pass signal at danger works, it will then enter the single line.
Can you confirm that you granted the second slot before it was requested? That seems to be the way the problem can be reproduced

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Log in to reply
Yeovil YP4 remaining at danger if 2 subsequent trains pass in the up direction 07/06/2022 at 12:07 #146767
Albert
Avatar
1298 posts
I do not recall doing this, but as this thread is almost 4 months old I cannot rule it out either. I should have un-learnt such behaviour because it caused issues on other sims in the past.

I don't have SimSig at hand right now - did the two trains perhaps enter shortly after each other?

bill_gensheet: I will give your TT a try later this week.

AJP in games
Log in to reply
Yeovil YP4 remaining at danger if 2 subsequent trains pass in the up direction 07/06/2022 at 13:35 #146768
bill_gensheet
Avatar
962 posts
There has been some more testing of the Yeovil line and two up trains will work - but _ONLY_ if the user waits for the new slot request for the second train.

The bug is that you can set the slot again (click 139->142) while the first train is still in section. That results in the situation you had, or very similar, sometimes sticking at YP7 not YP4.

No need to test unless you want to be happy yourself that two up can follow each other.

Bill

Log in to reply