Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

New Swindid 1979 timetable

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Timetables > Swindon A and B > New Swindid 1979 timetable

Page 1 of 2

New Swindid 1979 timetable 20/09/2012 at 06:24 #35739
derbybest
Avatar
274 posts
Hi Guys.
My latest timetable is now ready for downloading in the downloads section. Be warned this is a 3 day timetable and please read th tt notes BEFORE starting - have fun

Chris

Log in to reply
The following users said thank you: citytrader, birchy74, John, Class 86, CAP., officer dibble, guidomcc, pilotman, Didcot
New Swindid 1979 timetable 21/09/2012 at 01:57 #35758
Danny252
Avatar
1461 posts
Is 1B02 (0.05 Pdn-Pz) meant to stop at Didcot, or should the time actually be a passing time? There's no platform or arrival time given, and he's due through Foxhall the same time as he leaves Didcot, which implies he's meant to be doing 100, not 10!
Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 21/09/2012 at 08:25 #35759
derbybest
Avatar
274 posts
1B02 does NOT stop ad Didcot as for the platform it should be P1 an error me thinks
Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 21/09/2012 at 12:14 #35761
Danny252
Avatar
1461 posts
That platform bit isn't an issue if he's nonstop - I just expected to see a platform number if he was meant to have some station work! Thanks for clearing that up.
Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 21/09/2012 at 22:04 #35764
guidomcc
Avatar
246 posts
Thank you sir, this TT finally got me playing Swindon - it's been way too long. Very good but it'll be a while before I finish it - challenge accepted?
Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 22/09/2012 at 09:21 #35766
guidomcc
Avatar
246 posts
You may wish to distinguish 2A82 Westbury - Swindon and 2A82 Paddington - Oxford with a number after the HC as the sim always wants to display the Pad - Oxford timetable. For example 2A821 and 2A822 or something along those lines :)
Great TT so far

Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 22/09/2012 at 13:26 #35770
Danny252
Avatar
1461 posts
" said:
You may wish to distinguish 2A82 Westbury - Swindon and 2A82 Paddington - Oxford with a number after the HC as the sim always wants to display the Pad - Oxford timetable. For example 2A821 and 2A822 or something along those lines :)
Great TT so far
As far as I know, that doesn't actually solve the wrong-TT-display issue? I've had umpteen times where 0Z00-2 has decided to show 0Z00-1's timetable.

Last edited: 22/09/2012 at 13:26 by Danny252
Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 22/09/2012 at 20:03 #35781
Steamer
Avatar
3743 posts
" said:
As far as I know, that doesn't actually solve the wrong-TT-display issue? I've had umpteen times where 0Z00-2 has decided to show 0Z00-1's timetable.
I find that only happens when 0Z00-1 is in the area. For example, if 0Z00-1 becomes 0Z00-2, the sim will show 0Z00-1's TT until the train changes identity in the train list, regardless of what is typed in the TD berth.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 22/09/2012 at 22:44 #35784
Danny252
Avatar
1461 posts
" said:
" said:
As far as I know, that doesn't actually solve the wrong-TT-display issue? I've had umpteen times where 0Z00-2 has decided to show 0Z00-1's timetable.
I find that only happens when 0Z00-1 is in the area. [...]
Which is the issue here - two trains with the same first four digits.

Also, for the TT, 3B12A and 1C02 have the same entry time ex Reading on the mainline - 1C02 is meant to enter before (due nonstop through Didcot, 3B12A calls P1 just after), but I've had 3B12A sneak out of Reading just before - which is now causing suitable levels of havoc!

In addition, 6V301 lacks a rule requiring it to wait for 6V30 to arrive at Cocklebury before leaving.

Last edited: 22/09/2012 at 23:01 by Danny252
Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 23/09/2012 at 01:02 #35785
uboat
Avatar
218 posts
had 1B02 stopped at Didcot with a 30 to 40 minute delay
had 0T901 leave Cocklebury about the same time as 0T90 leaves LOCO SDGS
had 9T23 leave Cocklebury about the same time as 9T231 leaves Kemble

upto 12:00 now

Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 23/09/2012 at 09:31 #35788
guidomcc
Avatar
246 posts
the class 9 trains always call up to complain if you route them onto a goods line - and most of their destinations are on one. Think this might need 'use freight linespeeds'? :)

edited to add:
Quote:
As far as I know, that doesn't actually solve the wrong-TT-display issue? I've had umpteen times where 0Z00-2 has decided to show 0Z00-1's timetable.
On one of the older Exeter timetables you have 3+ 2A84s in the area (2B84, 2B84A and 2B84Z iirc) and you can click their timetables one after the other and it always brings up the correct one :huh:

edited further to add:
Also, should 1A17 (at 1115) have a stop in Swindon?

Last edited: 23/09/2012 at 09:42 by guidomcc
Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 23/09/2012 at 14:16 #35794
derbybest
Avatar
274 posts
1A17 does NOT stop at Swindon
Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 01/10/2012 at 18:14 #35955
Danny252
Avatar
1461 posts
6M88 has an incorrect stop at Challow, at 03.36.
Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 03/12/2012 at 23:39 #38594
GeorgeUK
Avatar
29 posts
Some of the speeds for train classes are incorrect...

Class 4 trains should run at 75mph
Class 6 trains should be 55-60mph...generally this is adhered to but 6O10 (I think) runs at 85...
Class 7 trains shouldn't exceed 45mph
Class 8 trains should be limited to 35.

Call me a stickler, but it can also make the scenario more challenging.

Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 03/12/2012 at 23:55 #38595
jc92
Avatar
3476 posts
" said:
Some of the speeds for train classes are incorrect...

Class 4 trains should run at 75mph
Class 6 trains should be 55-60mph...generally this is adhered to but 6O10 (I think) runs at 85...
Class 7 trains shouldn't exceed 45mph
Class 8 trains should be limited to 35.

Call me a stickler, but it can also make the scenario more challenging.
not true.

train speeds are limited by the wagon type, not the class (although of course the train should have a class suitable to its speed.

for instance anything between 61 and 75mph is class 4 and anything between 46 and 60 is class 6.

an example of this is a rake of HAAs. when loaded they are limited to 45mph and run as class 7, when empty they run at 55mph as class 6s. note they do not run at 60mph but are still class 6.

Joe

"We don't stop camborne wednesdays"
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: sorabain
New Swindid 1979 timetable 04/12/2012 at 11:17 #38643
kbarber
Avatar
1628 posts
" said:
" said:
Some of the speeds for train classes are incorrect...

Class 4 trains should run at 75mph
Class 6 trains should be 55-60mph...generally this is adhered to but 6O10 (I think) runs at 85...
Class 7 trains shouldn't exceed 45mph
Class 8 trains should be limited to 35.

Call me a stickler, but it can also make the scenario more challenging.
not true.

train speeds are limited by the wagon type, not the class (although of course the train should have a class suitable to its speed.

for instance anything between 61 and 75mph is class 4 and anything between 46 and 60 is class 6.

an example of this is a rake of HAAs. when loaded they are limited to 45mph and run as class 7, when empty they run at 55mph as class 6s. note they do not run at 60mph but are still class 6.

Joe

There were various changes to this over the years.

Initially, classifications were based on available brake force for class 6 - 9. 6 was fully-braked running up to 60mph, 4 up to 75 and 3 up to 90, but the rest were dependent on proportion of vehicles fitted with continuous brake in use. (I believe there had been a time when there was no mention at all of speed - there was a famous incident in steam days when Bill Hoole was driving the Scotch Goods and running at express passenger speeds, with the control log showing him delayed at one point waiting for the Talisman to clear!)

Sometime at the beginning of the '80s all partially-fitted trains were reclassified as 9 and the rest classified according to speed. 4 was now up to 75mph, 6 up to 60 and so on (the criteria Joe is describing). This led to some anomalies. I recall my interview for the Brent Sidings Supervisor job; I'd answered a question on classification of trains and the Area Manager pointed out that a train composed of ferry vans (100kmph) should technically run as class 4 because it was permitted to run at 62mph. He added that it wouldn't be appreciated if anyone did upgrade a train in that way, as signalmen would regulate a class 4 as if it were 75mph (as indeed the freightliners & car carriers already were).

It got sorted out a little later (I don't quite recall whether the new classifications came in before or after I left the Brent in 1985); class 4 was now a train able to run at no less than 75mph and so on. So Joe's example of empty HAAs would've been cl6 before the 80s (fully-fitted - the loads would've been cl6 too in those days for the same reason), cl6 in the early 80s (up to 60mph) but downgraded to cl7 from the mid-80s when the new criteria came in.

Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 04/12/2012 at 16:32 #38676
Colourlight
Avatar
117 posts
The Class of a train is the max speed of the train, not the actual speed. For instance the max speed of a class 6 is 60mph but a number of class 6,s between Peterborough and Ely North Junction, for instance are restricted to 40 mph. GeorgeUK is correct in what he said, up to a point. As for the timetable it is, in general a nice timetable for running SwinDid solo and is especialy useful in a multiplayer session for our less experienced players. I,m running it again this evening as a multiplayer session. Yes, there are a number of mistakes but no better or worse than other timetables in general. I have now edited the first 24 hours of it and it is possible to achieve max points in that period.
Last edited: 04/12/2012 at 16:40 by Colourlight
Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 04/12/2012 at 19:59 #38694
kbarber
Avatar
1628 posts
" said:
The Class of a train is the max speed of the train, not the actual speed. For instance the max speed of a class 6 is 60mph but a number of class 6,s between Peterborough and Ely North Junction, for instance are restricted to 40 mph. GeorgeUK is correct in what he said, up to a point. As for the timetable it is, in general a nice timetable for running SwinDid solo and is especialy useful in a multiplayer session for our less experienced players. I,m running it again this evening as a multiplayer session. Yes, there are a number of mistakes but no better or worse than other timetables in general. I have now edited the first 24 hours of it and it is possible to achieve max points in that period.

Indeed, there will always be particular local or route-specific restrictions (sometimes dependent on particular types of vehicle/loads being carried). But (unless they've changed it back again, which in my opinion would be a retrograde move) the speed for each class is the speed it's capable of running at. So with no other issues, a signalman will know that a cl6 should be able to make 60mph and regulate accordingly. (The alternative is the ferryvan nonsense I mentioned - a cl4 capable of no more than 62mph... oh what fun it'll be regulating that.)

Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 21/12/2012 at 00:37 #39455
Danny252
Avatar
1461 posts
Couple more oddities (just picked up my save again!)

8A06 has stops at Didcot East Jcn, North Jcn and Kennington Jcn - I believe the one at North is a crew stop, but the other two seem a bit odd.

4O121 is given as "Manchester - Redhill Parcels". I just wanted to check that's right? For some reason, "Manchester Redhill" rings a bell as some yard/station/etc, although I admit that Redhill, Surrey does seem like a perfectly valid destination. If I am wrong, does anyone have any idea what I'm actually thinking of? It's really bugging me!

Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 21/12/2012 at 08:53 #39460
postal
Avatar
4879 posts
Danny

Manchester Red Bank? Destination and departure point for a number of NPCCS services over the years. There is a topic about "Red Bank Carriage & Van Sidings, Manchester" on RailUK Forums .

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Last edited: 21/12/2012 at 12:33 by postal
Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 21/12/2012 at 09:26 #39462
DriverCurran
Avatar
662 posts
" said:


4O121 is given as "Manchester - Redhill Parcels". I just wanted to check that's right? For some reason, "Manchester Redhill" rings a bell as some yard/station/etc, although I admit that Redhill, Surrey does seem like a perfectly valid destination.
There was a Manchester Mayfield located just the Longsight side of Manchester Piccadilly. The train referenced by Danny would indeed be a service to Redhill (Surrey).

Paul C

You have to get a red before you can get any other colour
Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 21/12/2012 at 12:16 #39468
Danny252
Avatar
1461 posts
" said:
Danny

Manchester Red Bank? Destination and departure point for a number of NPCCS services over the years.
That's the bugger - thanks!

Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 21/12/2012 at 12:42 #39469
TimTamToe
Avatar
638 posts
" said:
Couple more oddities (just picked up my save again!)

8A06 has stops at Didcot East Jcn, North Jcn and Kennington Jcn - I believe the one at North is a crew stop, but the other two seem a bit odd.

4O121 is given as "Manchester - Redhill Parcels". I just wanted to check that's right? For some reason, "Manchester Redhill" rings a bell as some yard/station/etc, although I admit that Redhill, Surrey does seem like a perfectly valid destination. If I am wrong, does anyone have any idea what I'm actually thinking of? It's really bugging me!
There was a Parcels bay platform at Redhill (Surrey) that is now disused

Gareth

Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 21/12/2012 at 16:27 #39483
Colourlight
Avatar
117 posts
I have revised the first 24 hours, eliminating all schedule delays and a few errors and it is now possible to achieve max points. I have run it as a multiplayer series but do not intend uploading it. If anyone wants a copy l can email it as an attachment.
Log in to reply
New Swindid 1979 timetable 21/12/2012 at 16:58 #39488
DriverCurran
Avatar
662 posts
" said:


There was a Parcels bay platform at Redhill (Surrey) that is now disused

Gareth
This bay (or the dead 508 siding as it was known to a certain train crew depot, have shunted many a failed 508 into this siding as a conductor in the good ol days) is still used over night to berth a class 455 for Southern.

Paul

You have to get a red before you can get any other colour
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: TimTamToe