Upcoming Games

Upcoming Events

No events to display

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

A little Mock-SimSig Fun!

You are here: Home > Forum > Wishlist > Simulation wish list > A little Mock-SimSig Fun!

Page 12 of 12

A little Mock-SimSig Fun! 13/10/2021 at 15:01 #141852
elltrain3
250 posts
So, as I said prior here is Slough IECC! Stretching from Hayes & Harlington & Heathrow Airport to the Buffers at London Paddington!
(Depicted from 1995-2011) (After Old Oak PSB Closed But Prior to the first XR/IET Changes)

Hayes Panel
We have a nice big TD from Southall before heading into Hayes,
At the airport we have the lovely Bi-Di airport lines continuing to the flyover at hayes which was since been added to again!
We continue to pass all the sidings at Southall including the WCRC depot, and plenty of shunting to do making it far from boring!

Acton
Probably the smallest but certainly busy Acton area, supervising the connection to the Greenford branch, as well as the sidings and various goods lines in Acton which would be busy with freight all hours of the day! as well as managing the fast and semi-fast expresses on the mainline!

Greenford
Simply added for inclusion this is Greenford East SB still retaining a Lever frame and semaphores in London, and even better is they are the last Lower Quadrant semaphores in London! and also the last ones on ex-GW territory until either Liskeard, Pembrey or Worcester all of which are hours away!
It is a quiet panel but a nice regular service.

Acton RD/Old Oak TMD
These 2 smaller panels (which are annoyingly placed) are simple extras, the Old oak Depot is purely for moves into/out of the depot and would probably be signalled by the old oak signaller, though it would still be a tricky panel in the peaks and easy to get Mexican stand-offs too1

Finally the Big one...Old Oak Common panel
This is not a panel for the faint-hearted! with Old oak HEX TMD plus all the HST/TMD roads converging and starting the 6 track approach into London Paddington which would be a panel that is way too easy to get Mexican standoffs at with all 6 lines being fully Bi-Di, making this a very flexible ablet stressful panel!

With this, through Mocks & Real sims we now have a full picture of Paddington - Penzance & Worcester via all routes! Unless anyone can think of anywhere I've missed?

ARS would be 100% needed for this sim should it ever appear as it's on the real IECC (Now TVSC) i just didn't include the sub-areas
Hope you Enjoy it it did take a while! xD

Making a Modern (2011-2021 would require a complete re-design with North Pole/ Old Oak XR plus all the XR enhancements made so I may make one but not anytime soon :(

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
"The Out-of-control Host"
Last edited: 13/10/2021 at 15:03 by elltrain3
Reason: None given

A little Mock-SimSig Fun! 13/10/2021 at 20:38 #141854
Guts
385 posts
elltrain3 in post 141852 said:
So, as I said prior here is Slough IECC! Stretching from Hayes & Harlington & Heathrow Airport to the Buffers at London Paddington!
(Depicted from 1995-2011) (After Old Oak PSB Closed But Prior to the first XR/IET Changes)

Hayes Panel
We have a nice big TD from Southall before heading into Hayes,
At the airport we have the lovely Bi-Di airport lines continuing to the flyover at hayes which was since been added to again!
We continue to pass all the sidings at Southall including the WCRC depot, and plenty of shunting to do making it far from boring!

Acton
Probably the smallest but certainly busy Acton area, supervising the connection to the Greenford branch, as well as the sidings and various goods lines in Acton which would be busy with freight all hours of the day! as well as managing the fast and semi-fast expresses on the mainline!

Greenford
Simply added for inclusion this is Greenford East SB still retaining a Lever frame and semaphores in London, and even better is they are the last Lower Quadrant semaphores in London! and also the last ones on ex-GW territory until either Liskeard, Pembrey or Worcester all of which are hours away!
It is a quiet panel but a nice regular service.

Acton RD/Old Oak TMD
These 2 smaller panels (which are annoyingly placed) are simple extras, the Old oak Depot is purely for moves into/out of the depot and would probably be signalled by the old oak signaller, though it would still be a tricky panel in the peaks and easy to get Mexican stand-offs too1

Finally the Big one...Old Oak Common panel
This is not a panel for the faint-hearted! with Old oak HEX TMD plus all the HST/TMD roads converging and starting the 6 track approach into London Paddington which would be a panel that is way too easy to get Mexican standoffs at with all 6 lines being fully Bi-Di, making this a very flexible ablet stressful panel!

With this, through Mocks & Real sims we now have a full picture of Paddington - Penzance & Worcester via all routes! Unless anyone can think of anywhere I've missed?

ARS would be 100% needed for this sim should it ever appear as it's on the real IECC (Now TVSC) i just didn't include the sub-areas
Hope you Enjoy it it did take a while! xD

Making a Modern (2011-2021 would require a complete re-design with North Pole/ Old Oak XR plus all the XR enhancements made so I may make one but not anytime soon :(

Looks good. I noticed a signal missing from Plat 4 at Paddington.

The following user said thank you: elltrain3
A little Mock-SimSig Fun! 14/10/2021 at 14:50 #141859
wellgroomed
84 posts
Looks really good. Your hard work pays off. The Greenford area depicted occupies a brief period of time between 2007 when colour light signal GE51 was commissioned and before the catch points (19/20) from the Bay Platform were plain lined. IIRC the two sets of up sidings from the main line were already out of use by this stage, although the positioning would make it difficult to display the London-end connection. That said the connection at the country end was still shown on the diagram after the removal of the London-end, although not sure how long it had been since they'd been used. Signal GE13 should sit to the bottom right of stop signal GE50. GE4 is the acceptance lever from Marylebone (ME70C), rather than to offer.

PS - there's a typo on Coronation Sidings.

A little Mock-SimSig Fun! 14/10/2021 at 16:09 #141860
elltrain3
250 posts
wellgroomed in post 141859 said:
Looks really good. Your hard work pays off. The Greenford area depicted occupies a brief period of time between 2007 when colour light signal GE51 was commissioned and before the catch points (19/20) from the Bay Platform were plain lined. IIRC the two sets of up sidings from the main line were already out of use by this stage, although the positioning would make it difficult to display the London-end connection. That said the connection at the country end was still shown on the diagram after the removal of the London-end, although not sure how long it had been since they'd been used. Signal GE13 should sit to the bottom right of stop signal GE50. GE4 is the acceptance lever from Marylebone (ME70C), rather than to offer.

PS - there's a typo on Coronation Sidings.

Yeah, I had to check myself when the 2 separate semaphores were removed and combined into GE51, and interesting to know about the catch points.
and yeah the Up sidings (former Up Main) were OOU I just added them to allow trains to enter there and allow a broad range of eras to be included
where was the London End Connection? i wasn't aware the up sidings had one!
and yep i'll get GE50/13 fixed
And oops yep i'll get that done too!

"The Out-of-control Host"
A little Mock-SimSig Fun! 15/10/2021 at 14:57 #141869
wellgroomed
84 posts
London-end connection of the sidings and the Up Main.

The following user said thank you: elltrain3